Doctor's Posting..........

Dewayne

The only one I can intelligently speak of is Dr. Cooley. Maybe there are some other docs with similar schedules, but I'd bet a lot of these guys pay the membership b/c it was marketed well to them as a place where education could take place about top doctors. They pay it and depend on the owners to provide the service.

My Dr. was in the office when I got there at 6:50 doing a consult or 1-year or something with some bushy headed guy and a woman. He was in the operating room for about 98% of the time with me until about 6:30 p.m. At lunch, he was in the other room talking business with someone for 30 mins.

So, whats my point? With a couple of small kids and a wife, and probably a life, maybe some of these guys barely have time to mow the lawn - much less post on the net. Maybe it's not their style. Who knows? But, we sometimes make judgements based on whether they post or not.

I don't think we can say they are inferior to Dr. Feller, who appears to be excellent, because he might have a different set of circumstances.

So, I don't think the argument about not posting is good enough to condemn a doctor. JMO.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

The only one I can intelligently speak of is Dr. Cooley. Maybe there are some other docs with similar schedules, but I'd bet a lot of these guys pay the membership b/c it was marketed well to them as a place where education could take place about top doctors. They pay it and depend on the owners to provide the service.

My Dr. was in the office when I got there at 6:50 doing a consult or 1-year or something with some bushy headed guy and a woman. He was in the operating room for about 98% of the time with me until about 6:30 p.m. At lunch, he was in the other room talking business with someone for 30 mins.

So, whats my point? With a couple of small kids and a wife, and probably a life, maybe some of these guys barely have time to mow the lawn - much less post on the net. Maybe it's not their style. Who knows? But, we sometimes make judgements based on whether they post or not.

I don't think we can say they are inferior to Dr. Feller, who appears to be excellent, because he might have a different set of circumstances.

So, I don't think the argument about not posting is good enough to condemn a doctor. JMO.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Dewayne,

Just so you know, all physicians recommended here do pay a sponsorship fee, but that is not how they are recommended. See our standards of recommendation.

But I agree with you. There are many first-rate physicians who simply don't make the time or ask their patients to post experiences and photo albums online. Does this make them inferior? No. Does this decrease their online visibility? Absolutely, and this is a shame.

In my opinion, this is the fault only of the physician - who if he/she wanted, could make the time or hire someone to make the time, and most importantly, could encourage their patients to come online and post. Pat and I have been working hard to get our physicians involved in posting and having their patients post publicly, but it's a long uphill battle. Some, as you can see, we have won over as some physicians who never used to post have been posting more regularly. But there's still a long way to go.

Thanks for your feedback.

Bill

In this day and age of broadband internet and low cost high quality digital cameras I believe all cosmetic surgeons have a positive duty to post as many representations of their patients as possible. Not only does this self-imposed assignment let the public know the consistency of the doctors work, but the feedback from the public is invaluable in addressing weak points.

The internet is much more than a useful marketing tool, it is by far the most stringent means of "certification" that ANY doctor can undertake. In the past we had to rely on secondary sources of information to learn whether a doctor is really excellent at what he does, or merely adequate.

Things like education, experience, and referals from other doctors were all the public had to rely upon when chosing a surgeon. While this is all fine and good, nothing beats seeing that particular doctor's work on a very regular basis and being able to read what an educated public thinks of the results.

Just because a doctor doesn't regularly post photos doesn't mean they aren't great. But being the greatest surgeon on the planet isn't going to help anyone unless the public knows such a surgeon exists. And the only way to let the public know you are the greatest is by regularly posting great results.

So the question becomes: why doesn't every doctor post their results on this forum on a regular basis? I've had this discussion with Pat and for the life of us we can't figure it out. For now I will toss it up between two reasons. The first is that the current generation of doctors (myself included) did not grow up with the internet and therefore haven't worked "posting" into our lives. The second is that since 99% of doctors practicing hair transplantation shouldn't be, they don't WANT photos of their results floating around cyberspace because such transparency would force them to face the music and ruin their business.

One thing is for SURE, sites like this one have gone an incredibly long way in wiping out the worst HT clinics. Those guys are on the run- the way roaches are when the lights are turned on.

You raise several excellent points Dr. Feller. And you're right-on I think, especially about the bad ones. But, also right about the great ones as I believe it's a good idea for those who don't post to realize the benefits their practice could get out of regular results posted for all to see. Shoot, I bet Janna, Jotronic, and several others have earned back their salaries 10-fold by posting their pics.

I'm glad Bill and Pat are working to encourage that. I told each doc I talked with the reason I was even talking to them was because of what I've learned here.

Maybe we'll see more soon.

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

So the question becomes: why doesn't every doctor post their results on this forum on a regular basis? I've had this discussion with Pat and for the life of us we can't figure it out. For now I will toss it up between two reasons. The first is that the current generation of doctors (myself included) did not grow up with the internet and therefore haven't worked "posting" into our lives. The second is that since 99% of doctors practicing hair transplantation shouldn't be, they don't WANT photos of their results floating around cyberspace because such transparency would force them to face the music and ruin their business.

Dr. Feller,

I wholeheartedly agree. Even the best of surgeons who don't use the internet most likely don't fully understand its power, especially on a high traffic patient based community like ours.

I also agree that the majority of hair transplant surgeons in the world simply are afraid of transparency - which should automatically say something about their practice in the first place.

Those surgeons we recommend however, are at least wiling to be publicly scrutinized - however, like you and Pat, I would like to see more participation. I've been encouraging physicians to get more involved, and many have expressed great interest. But turning interest into action is another story.

Bill

Gorpy for hire.

Just so you doctors know, I am available for hire. I am computer literate - can resize pictures - cover faces - do side by side comparisons, etc. Color commentary added at no charge.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

I think as a part time gig it wouldn't be too bad. As long as I can keep my day job.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Good stuff Gorpy...lol.

From what I've seen and heard on this site....all the coalition docs are top notch.

It's great Dr.Feller and a few others love to show their stuff on this site...more power to ya....you guys do great work.

I'm not even five months post-op yet but have people around me that I told about my surgery...raving about the work.

Every day I look at my new hairline...and can't believe it.

Two people wanted to my doctors name...i proudly gave it to them.

I was born and raised in New York and I'm in the restaurant business.

Some of the best restaurants serving the best food...do little advertising...word of mouth fills the seats.

Everybody has a different approach to success.

Again...all these docs are the tops in my opinion.

Make your choice and enjoy.

MH

I think it is great that some docs post on here including Dr. Feller. Also keep in mind there are several forums so there is no way one can post everywhere.. Other docs are a bit more soft spoken as well.

I think I have seen my doc ( Dr. True) post on here a couple of times but that does not lower his level of caring or abilities. One of the qulaities I like about him is his humble approach.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by Dr. Alan Feller:

In this day and age of broadband internet and low cost high quality digital cameras I believe all cosmetic surgeons have a positive duty to post as many representations of their patients as possible. .

Dr. Feller,

I agree with you completely on this subject.

And you know what, in a lot of European countries there are laws that forbid excactly this point ! Crazy isnt it ?

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.

Rambler,

The percentage is probably higher. 99% of doctors practing HT do so on a part time basis. This means they have neither the skill nor staff to perform TRUE state of the art surgery even thought they almost ALL claim to do so fraudulently. You should see how many patients come to me who've been to doctors who state right on their websites that they perform follicular units but actually gave their patients chuncky minigrafts and worse.

The REAL problem is untrained or what I call "travelling" technicians. The majority of HT doctors use one, the other, or both and they do not inform the patient of this fact. If they had to, no one in their right mind would go to them.

If you are a potential patient make sure that the your doctor has AT LEAST 6 FULL TIME staff members (and I'm being very generous with that number as it really should be even higher)who ONLY work for that clinic and have done so for at least 2 years (I'm being generous with that number too). If the clinic you visit won't sign a piece of paper stating that they meet those two basic criteria, then leave and go to a clinic that does. Get on a plane if you have to, but get out of there.