HRG

lp

I went to HRG yesterday and got a piece put on and I am not happy with it. I wanted to have it removed and was wondering how difficult it would be to have it removed. Anyone else have theirs removed and what were the results. I was concerned about the glue they use and how permanent it is?

lp,

Different manufacturers and companies have different ways of administering and attaching their pieces. But none of them are considered permanent.

The best thing to do would be to go back to HRG and tell them you're not happy with it and they can give you removal instructions.

Just curious, what don't you like about it?

Best wishes,

Bill

I went back and haid Hair club for men remove it. It just didn't look natural and they didn't ever say it was a wig. They said they were going to do a Bio Matrix of my hair. They did alot of fancy talking and fooled me now they won't even give me half my money back so I am out $3000. I would never recomend them to anyone.

ANYTHING that is attached to your scalp, regardless of what it is called, is a hairpiece. I have seen a lot of companies use ridiculous names to try to hide the fact that they are selling hairpieces - and some do the same thing about how it is attached, using phrases like non-surgical hair graft, bio-hair integration, etc. They want you to believe they have a unique product or attachment method that no one else has - don't believe them!

Beemark,

Funny you mention the term, "non-surgical hair graft"...I went to a "clinic" that offered that, not knowing what it was. The "clinic" was pretty much a high-priced hair salon, and when I discerned from the jargon-babble of the consultant what the "non-surgical grafts" really were, I left like the building was on fire.

Using the word "graft" is all about marketing - it implies that you are getting something that becomes part of you, rather than something you wear.

If there is no surgery involved, it's not a graft.

The hair replacement industry has a long history of changing what their products are called, starting with the transition from "toupee" to "hairpiece". Then "hairpiece" became "hair replacement system" or just "hair system" and then many companies went crazy trying to invent new terms so that clients would not think they were just getting a "hairpiece".

True, very true.

I know some folks unfortunately are not good candidates for HT or meds, and these are the only people I would recommend consider a hairpiece.

However, I respect anyone's choice, and I hope that there are good hairpieces and responsible service providers out there for those that choose that as their solution.

The term "hair transplant" still conjures images of bad hair plugs in the minds of most people, largely because they don't notice good HT's. Hopefully hairpieces will likewise advance to become as natural and low-maintenance as real hair someday.

Vasilius:

The problem is that everybody has seen plenty of awful hairpieces and transplants. Both are much, much better today than in the past. Hairpieces do require a bit of extra care (attaching, removing), but the best hairpieces are completely undetectable - and they don't necessarily cost a bloody fortune either!

Mike4a.jpg.3e5fa1a94e2c58657d27f572cc609e4c.jpg