Washing of Hair

I had a ht about 17 days ago and I want to go up to my cottage. my only concern is that the water at the cottage is piped up from the lake.

I wash my hair twice a day, once in the morning and once at night.

is it okay for me to go up to the cottage and wash my hair with soap and water from the lake?

cheers and thanks!

At 17 days post op your grafts are firmly secure and you MUST start washing in the normal way, in order to prevent dirt build up. Use a normal shampoo. Just stay out of the sun for the first 3 months to prevent sunburn on your scalp. I started normal hair washing once the stitches were out 11 days post op.

thanks for the reply.

my concern is more about using water straight from a lake rather than city water that has been cleaned through a filtration system.

any thougths? do you think it would be okay at day 17 to do this?

thanks!

hi,

thanks again for the reply.

my concern is not about designer water though. it's about the cleanliness of water directly out of a lake.

does anyone have any advise who knows waht i'm talking about? it's more about city water versus water coming directly out of a lake than anything else.

thanks!

The water from the lake will be a lot softer than city water, and there is no chlorine! So it should be actually a lot better.I live in the country and have a well, not treated and i have had 2 HT without any isues whatsoever.

Just a thought from the peanut gallery...