INSECURITY

shadows

Strange question maybe... Does going through shock loss and scabs and donor scars and new hair that is never going to be you "21 again look" make anyone feel like...."hey, I just got a new set of hair, it looks very good, but now I'm still wondering if people are looking at my hair trying to decide if I've had something done"?? It might look great but you know you've done something. Does that ever sit in the back of anybody's mind?

Strange question maybe... Does going through shock loss and scabs and donor scars and new hair that is never going to be you "21 again look" make anyone feel like...."hey, I just got a new set of hair, it looks very good, but now I'm still wondering if people are looking at my hair trying to decide if I've had something done"?? It might look great but you know you've done something. Does that ever sit in the back of anybody's mind?

The short answer is yes.

I think there is a misconception that "a HT will be the end of worrying about my hair" and that's not true in a lot of cases.

Also, if you are self-concious about hair loss, odds are pretty good you could be self-conscious about your hair transplant, after it's all said and done.

These are good replies.

You are probably trading one set of problems for another. We'll maybe not "problems" but more likely "concerns".

To me, with shock loss, hair dormancy, donor scar, and "will they know?" laying in the future, still, it is better that I try because right now this hair line sucks.

It is funny, for so many years I just said "oh, well, this crap hair line is my fate". Now there at least is an opportunity to maybe change things in my life.

Your life and lifestyle should mimic your personality. And I'm just not ready to be "distinguished" yet in my 20s.

Everybody has their reasons for considering an HT, and in the end, it is a risk. And something to be concerned about. There are some risks that are worth taking and others that aren't, and that is an extremely personal decision.

I doubt I'll ever completely forget about my hair, but I think it'll be less of a concern. I guess I'll have to follow up post op and see if what I think will happen actually will.

Best of luck.