donor area

sreeni

Absolutely not! The entire hair follicle has been removed, nothing to grow from.

BTW...If Acell works as anticipated, this may end up being a reality, unlimited donor hairs after strip surgery.

Hair does not grow back with FUE-- it will have a thinner appearence hair per sq cm. If a lot is taken out then it is risky having a short haircut (a friend of mine wheres his hair short and the "thin areas" in the FUE sites stand out-- looks like swiss cheese kinda)

With Strip you dont have to worry about this as the hair is pulled together for same density-- BUT you have a linear scar?

SMOOTHY

Dr. Shapiro

Propecia/Rogaine xtra

MSM/Saw Palmetto/Zinc

Nioxin Shampoo line

Zrii 3oz Daily

Good thread. Smoothy you hit the nail on the head. I am an FUE fan...in select patients. The density reduction in the back is an issue; as is the scar tissue that forms which can limit further FUE's in the future or limit the harvest of a strip.

The toughest time that I have is when I see a 24 year old, who has a family history suggesting that he will wind up with Class 6+ hairloss; and he wants to do FUE for his frontal hairline. It is almost impossible for me to convey to him that we may need all of his donor in a few years, just to frame his face; and that doing 1500 fue now, will severely limit our strip options down the road.

I am just starting to see a few patients who have had FUE Megasessions at a nationally advertised "chain" and are facing this problem with frustration.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians