Hair Greed!!!

tkerr22

Just wanted to throw my two cents out about hair greed and what I am feeling right now. Had my last HT at the end of June and it's coming in great in the midscalp to top of crown area, and put this together with my last HT I have a great hairline to midscalp with only a bald spot on the crown, and not a huge one at that. I thought I would be ok with it but now that I see how well the rest of my hair looks that bald spot gets on my nerves and I want it gone! Don't get me wrong I know without my last two HT's from a great doctor I would be pretty much a NW5 by now and am greatly happy about not being. But at the same time I have seen what a good doc can do for you and want that little bald spot taken care of now. I have actually just started taking rogaine again to see if that can do anything about the spot, but if not I am seriously considering seeing if I can get one more smaller session to fill in the crown area, at least put some hair in there as it is completely smooth right now. I wouldn't even care if it wasn't a super thick crown, just some hair there that makes it not look smooth and shiny. Of course the trouble I run into is that my scalp elasticity is pretty tight as of right now. But just wanted to share my hair greed story and thoughts. But it's so true the more you get the more you want, and coming this far I want full restoration.

Just wanted to throw my two cents out about hair greed and what I am feeling right now. Had my last HT at the end of June and it's coming in great in the midscalp to top of crown area, and put this together with my last HT I have a great hairline to midscalp with only a bald spot on the crown, and not a huge one at that. I thought I would be ok with it but now that I see how well the rest of my hair looks that bald spot gets on my nerves and I want it gone! Don't get me wrong I know without my last two HT's from a great doctor I would be pretty much a NW5 by now and am greatly happy about not being. But at the same time I have seen what a good doc can do for you and want that little bald spot taken care of now. I have actually just started taking rogaine again to see if that can do anything about the spot, but if not I am seriously considering seeing if I can get one more smaller session to fill in the crown area, at least put some hair in there as it is completely smooth right now. I wouldn't even care if it wasn't a super thick crown, just some hair there that makes it not look smooth and shiny. Of course the trouble I run into is that my scalp elasticity is pretty tight as of right now. But just wanted to share my hair greed story and thoughts. But it's so true the more you get the more you want, and coming this far I want full restoration.

tkerr22,

I completely understand and can relate! Right now your hair is thicker than mine and looks better so I envy your situation...however, I'm hoping mine will look as good as yours in a few short months! But when I first started losing my hair, even the slightest bit missing from my crown bothered me. So it's all relative I guess. I know even with this surgery, at best, i will have a pretty thin crown. I'll have to decide sometime in the future if I want to try to do some more work there, but for now, assuming this surgery is a success, I think I'll stop...for awhile icon_wink.gif

Bill

Bill,

kinda funny cause I am envious of that swirl you got,lol! It is all relative and I told myself going into this last HT it would be my last and I could live with a small bald crown but now am not so sure and will have to see in a few months if it is something I could possibly look into. But need to wait for this to fully grow in as well, still believe will get thicker as well as grow more in towards the back where I still feel some stubble. But damn this greed! icon_biggrin.gif

lol!

Well I admit the swirl looks good post op...but from what I see now, I don't have a swirl since the hair has started to shed at 3 weeks post op. SOOO...perhaps I'll be envious of myself in about 6 months...wait, that doesn't make sense :P. But you get the idea icon_wink.gif.

i guess we just wish we could have our high school hair back...but oh well...I guess it ain't happening unless they perfect cloning soon.

Bill

tkerr-

I'm with you on the hair greed thing for sure! I've now had two HT's totaling approximately 5000 grafts and would still go back for density, a little lower hairline and temple work. I guess it's never enough, eh?? icon_wink.gif

Your bald spot doesn't appear to be much of an issue from your pics but maybe it's worse than it shows. Actually, I'd guess you and I are very similar in density and hairline at this point. I need to update my pics so you can see. I'm very happy with my crownwork thought it will likely still be a little thin it's pretty much covered which is what I was after. However, it's now made me focus on my templepoints and density...........it's never enough icon_biggrin.gif !

I think for anyone considering another HT it's best to sit back and wait a year or two to see how you feel.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Bank-

I probably have a little bit larger than a half dollar sized bald spot but can usuall put some toppik on it to make it look just thin. I don't like putting too much on it and having it look powderey(word?spelling?) but I sprinkle just a bit on it so it isn't shiny. So possibly if the rogaine doesn't work, and after I wait a year or so, I would consider a smaller session to just get that thin look without toppik. But I'm sure then that I will see something else to work on! It doesn't help that I am a perfectionist, stupid type A personality!lol