Flakey/dry skin on transplanted area post op... Losing Follicles?

Don't know if you'll see my message below so...

Yeah about 10 days post op, I'm having dry skin problems and dont know if just the hair is falling out, or if the follicles are too? Just worried!

What do I do?

Shouldn't the follicles be embedded pretty deeply in my scalp by now? but with the flakey peely skin, could that take them out? or what about the scabs, is this just the scabs peeling off?

Should I be worried? When is the transplanted hair supposed to fall off?

Hi Arson

I would guess this is just normal as I had a host of "symptoms" post HT.. Dry scalp, itching, hairloss, and buring scalp.. Can't hurt to touch base with the doc but I bet it is just part of recovery.. I hope you are following the post HT regimine as instructed???

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Yes I am... Actually I heard from my doctor, apparently this is a normal part of the process. They said if I lost any follicles it would bleed a little bit and I'd definately know a follicle had come out.

Arson,

I just recommended Nizoral shampoo on someone else just now. It is normal to have flaking and itchness. In fact, it should be at it's worst at 10 days post op. You don't need a prescription for Nizoral. You probably only need to use it for a week. The flaking should be gone by then, if not, call your doctor again.

Originally posted by Janna:

Arson,

.... Nizoral. You probably only need to use it for a week.

I'm not sure if Arson is currently on finasteride (most likely he is), but I've read that Nizoral should be used approximately three times per week while on finasteride to get the full benefits of the drug. This mimics the actual studies done with finasteride. Apparently the cleansing properties, etc. of Nizoral help to make an ideal environment for hair growth.