strip / fue please help uk

jonn

hello everyone

will try and make this quick 1st im in UK

im 26 been losing hair now i guess 2 years mainly temples but also on top getting thinner.

i hide this at the moment with quite long hair. (my style anyway) i am well aware this wont last forever.

i know i have MPB.

i have now ordered a 6 month propecia course to try and help this.

i want to have replacment at the frontal area. i am lost there is so much infomation about strip, fue. i can not work out what to do. what surgeon to speak to, or especially who to trust. i am scared in short.

can anyone please help me with advise of any kind?

thanks guys

hello everyone

will try and make this quick 1st im in UK

im 26 been losing hair now i guess 2 years mainly temples but also on top getting thinner.

i hide this at the moment with quite long hair. (my style anyway) i am well aware this wont last forever.

i know i have MPB.

i have now ordered a 6 month propecia course to try and help this.

i want to have replacment at the frontal area. i am lost there is so much infomation about strip, fue. i can not work out what to do. what surgeon to speak to, or especially who to trust. i am scared in short.

can anyone please help me with advise of any kind?

thanks guys

• Administrators

John,

Welcome to our forum. I think you are wise to try Propecia. If you use the "Find" feature you will see hundreds of posts about Propecia and also FUE.

In my opinion, I think value of FUE has been way over sold online. But to learn more about FUE and how it compares to strip excision surgery, click here.

Best wishes for stopping your hair loss.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

John,

I think you will need at least 1 year to fully evaluate whether Propecia works for you. Most of the research shows that, if it works for you, it will stop hair loss after 6 months, but any new growth won't be seen for at least a year.

That has been exactly my experience with the product. I have some new growth, but the hairs are so fine that they are hard to notice. My MPB seems to have completely stopped, however (knock on wood).

PerfectFew

PerfectFew

thankyou for your replies.

i have recieved my propecia today. im not sure if im allowed to say but i ordered them from euromeds.co.uk (they have been shipped from california)

im trying to check they are genuine they are kinda pink i guess and they have the symbol (propecia) on one side and propecia wrote on the other. anyone else ordered from these guys are the real brand ones pink ?

cheers guys (sorry if ive broke any rule mentioning the website)

Originally posted by johnnie69:

Noone here has ever had negative side effects to Propecia?

Everyone promotes it like it candy.....I have read some horror stories elsewhere online....

I haven't heard any horror stories. If you know of some, I would love to study them more closely. Please post links to them.

The side effects of Propecia are very well documented:

Less then 2% of the men in the clinical studies experienced sexual side effects (libido, difficulty in getting erection etc.). The side effects went away after stopping the medication. Those who continued the medication in spite of the side effects saw a decrease in those side effects to 0.3% after the 5th year of treatment. There have also been some allergic reactions like rash, swelling and itching. These reports are very uncommon. I have not heard of one person who suffered any long term affects or died from taking the drug.

I don't want to promote this drug, but it is hard not to recommend it as an option since it works so well. Anyone who is considering it should do their own research, however, and talk with a qualified doctor. Nobody on this forum (including me), except for the few physicians, are qualified to prescribe it. I only know that this drug absolutely works for me, and I have not seen one single side effect. I am very happy I decided to take it, but I only wish I had done it sooner. I would have much more hair today.

On a side note, I personally think candy is much worse for you than taking Propecia. The sugar content in candy has much worse effects on your body. Adult onset diabetes is one major side effect of sugar.

Propecia (Actually, Proscar--a larger dose for treating enlarged prostate) has been shown to decrease the incidence of prostate cancer:

http://www.ishrs.org/articles/finasteride-prostate-cancer.htm

Cheers,

PerfectFew

PerfectFew

I was considering Propecia myself....I'm 36. I did some reasearch and actually went to an endocrinologist, who advised me not to take it..Which in itself, is no big deal, cause one isnt supposed to drink and smoke etc...

One of the side effects listed was gynecomastia....bitch tits....I dont want any of that, nore a limp d@$k!!

I copied and pasted this from a discussion forum on gynecomastia.....

As an aside, I dont care either way who takes propecia or not....and if you do, I ope that you dont get any side effects. But I do know that it is a life commitment, so for a man 20 yuears old, that is potentially 60 years of hormone interference as your body progresses through changes with age.

I welcome comments....I would LOVE to reap the rewards of Propecia, but to me, the risk is greater.

PASTED BELOW:

propecia contains Finasteride.

Finasteride lowers the potent male hormone dihydrotestosterone.

Dihydrotestosterone is required for erections and libido.

So as you can imagine that isn't good

Hypogonadism is termed as a deficiency of testosterone and/or its metabolites. Dihydrotestosterone is a metabolite of testosterone.

In other words Finasteride can and does cause hypogonadism.

Finasteride is used as a treatment for prostate cancer. to chemically castrate men- instead of physical castration.

I know of a number of men who have developed hypogonadim as a result of taking propecia.

According to Eurgene Shippen one of the worlds leading authorities on hypogonadism and male hormones- propecia and other drugs containing small amounts of Finasteride can in a minority of men cause a form of hypogonadism that is very difficult to treat.

Here is one such person who has ended up with hypogonadism as a result of the use of propecia (story is on the testosterone deficiency Centre);

http://www.androids.org.uk/stories.html

Here is his website and a link to other men who have suffered as a consequence of using finasteride based products;

See the affects of propecia below

http://www.propeciasideeffects.com/

and view the comments of one top hormone doctor here

http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=di splay;num=1139738214

P.S

Do not touch propecia or any product containing finasteride with a barge pole- avoid like the plague and use at your peril.

Holy freakin' sh*t!!!

And to think propecia is marketed for hair loss in male pattern baldness....with those side efffects....

Hi

I've been taking Propecia for close to 7 years with no erection problems whatsoever.No loss of libido, no nothing?? I can't speak for others but no problems here

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I've been taking it for about a 1 1/2 years. I don't have any erection problems or bitch tits (wouldn't that be interesting... lol). I do have more hair, but I'm not looking like Johnny Depp because of it.

Those stories are definitely scary, but I don't necessarily worry about it. The dosage of Finasterid taken for hair loss is very small. I'm willing to take the risks involved if it means I can keep my hair. If I grow some bitch tits, hypogonads or get a limp noodle, I'll let you know right a way.

On a side note, I had a recent blood workup (6 weeks ago) to test for diabetes, prostate cancer and testosterone levels. My testosterone was absolutely normal. This was a routine checkup unrelated to any condition, just something I do once a year because my father had prostate cancer.

So, I say -- Study the risks, talk to your doctor and make your own choice.

PerfectFew

I have been taking propecia for about 4 years. I really have not had any side effects that were severe. There was a moment when the sexual side effects did show some presence, but as of now, I do not have any, in fact, the only side effect I have sexually is that i do not cum in 2 minutes, it takes for a while. If you are willing to travel to usa, i would suggest Dr. Bernstein for a consultation, the man is very educated, knows his business and is very honest. I would love to have my second HT with him but his prices are to high. Besides DR. B, try Dr. Feller located in Great Neck NY, those are the only two doctors that I have had consultations with. For you, I would suggest using propecia for about a year, because it took me about 1 year to truelly see results. I have not had any improvements in my temple area but my crown has gathered itself really nice. I will say this, if it was not for propecia, I would not have 50 percent of the hairs that I do have on my head.