Losing Hair since a year ... help please

Hi,

I am 25 yr old Indian(Bangalore) & am new to this forum. I've alread spent hours reading the posts on this forum & its great to see so many people providing helpful comments. Truly a very informative & friendly site.

i started losing a year back & although currently I do not need an HT,I would be very thankfull if the forum members could advise me on the below doubts that I ahve.

1) I've read procepia, rogaine, Finpecia Cipla(generic procepia), nizoral help in reducing hair loss. Could you please tell me if I can take these without a medical prescription from a doctor?

2) What medicines in India are available & helpful for reducing hairfall.

BestRgds,

Hi,

I am 25 yr old Indian(Bangalore) & am new to this forum. I've alread spent hours reading the posts on this forum & its great to see so many people providing helpful comments. Truly a very informative & friendly site.

i started losing a year back & although currently I do not need an HT,I would be very thankfull if the forum members could advise me on the below doubts that I ahve.

1) I've read procepia, rogaine, Finpecia Cipla(generic procepia), nizoral help in reducing hair loss. Could you please tell me if I can take these without a medical prescription from a doctor?

2) What medicines in India are available & helpful for reducing hairfall.

BestRgds,

Well, you could ask your doctor is you need a prescription for any of them, I noticed that overseas you often dont need prescriptions for many medicines you do in the U.S.

Rogaine you do not need a presciption for in the U.S. and if you are worried about hairloss that would be a great first step in preventing it.

HairWehere,

Welcome to our community.

There are online pharmacies that you can buy generic finasteride from though you have to be careful where to buy it as some online stores are not legimate. You might want to consider buying generic finasteride from hairlosstalk.com which I have come to the belief that they sell legitimate generic finasteride.

The "Big 3" refers to 3 products that when used together especially have the greatest chance of combatting hair loss. This includes finasteride (Propecia), minoxodil (Rogaine), and Ketoconazole (Nizoral or Revita).

Best wishes,

Bill

Thank You Wylie & Bill. I think I will consult a doctor before taking these. I do hope these tablets help.

Also, Is there any particular order Rogaine & procepia need to be taken in?

eg) Could I take only rogaine for 6 months ? & then change to propecia if I find its not working? OR

eg) Like Bill has mentioned, is it really OK to have both propecia & rogaine together?

Please advise . Thank You

If you want to give your hair the best chance of sucess you want to get on both rogaine and propecia.

You need to give both meds atleat a year before you make any decions on whether there are working or not.

good luck