NW6 and 7500 grafts

I was quoted having around 7500 grafts available. Assuming i will be a full NW6 will that be enough to make a good cosmetic differance or will i need to use a concealer to cover up what i will be missing

I was quoted having around 7500 grafts available. Assuming i will be a full NW6 will that be enough to make a good cosmetic differance or will i need to use a concealer to cover up what i will be missing

Dakota,

I'll do my best in answering you. I haven't seen your head but what I would do is scower the blogs for nw6's and compare how many grafts they had and how it looks.

I found these all from various doctors and graft counts...

NW6 - 4946 grafts

NW6 - 5227 grafts

NW6 - 3280 grafts

NW6 - 4326 grafts

NW6 - 3400 grafts

NW6 - 7804 grafts

NW6 - 2600 grafts

NW6 - 4800 grafts

NW6 - 7550 grafts - Bill

NW6 - 7319 grafts - Jotronic

Dakota,

This will depend a lot on the number of hairs per graft and hair characteristics, but 7500 grafts is a great number and should make a great cosmetic improvement.

In fact, as a norwood 6 myself, I have had 7550 grafts, so you may want to consider my hair transplant as an example of this. JoTronic is another with a similar number of grafts.

Rambler also posted some great examples from our websiet of norwood 6 patients who received a larger number of grafts. Kudos Rambler!

Bill

Thanks guys!

Bill, when you look in the mirror do you see the same density as you see in pics? do you see more/less? I say that because i know cameras can be harsh on pics of hair and would like to know if what i see is an accurate description? Im going to H&W at the end of the summer to get 2500 grafts. I have about 25-30% of my original hair still left all over the top of my head and hope that 2500 will make a decent cosmetic differance. Bill do you take propecia/minox?

Dakota,

In some lights I see the same if not better density than in my pictures. Other more "exposing" light will reveal a thinner look.

I am very happy with my results but realize that some lighting will be more flattering than others. it also depends on HOW the light is shining on my head.

I do take Propecia however, I no longer take minoxidil. Rogaine did a great job growing peach fuzz but it never grew beyond that.

Bill

Dakota,

I'm going hair commando my friend!

Though some people have great success and love concealors, I just feel fake. I prefer having a slightly thinner look with a good illusion of hair density in most lights than sprinkle my head with something that changes my hair color slightly and just doesn't look right on me.

Bill