How deep does the Surgeon insert the follicle?

I posted on a thread below that I was concerned that I bled alot during my procedure and I am hoping that the blood did not push my follicles out? Am I just worrying to much? The graphs are clearly there but it just seams to me that a incision with alot of blood could cause a graph to slip out easier or not go deep enough?

I posted on a thread below that I was concerned that I bled alot during my procedure and I am hoping that the blood did not push my follicles out? Am I just worrying to much? The graphs are clearly there but it just seams to me that a incision with alot of blood could cause a graph to slip out easier or not go deep enough?

ThininHouston,

On the average, grafts are inserted 4mm deep. You will notice a little bit of white tissue sticking up above the surface of your scalp. These "scabs" will dry and flake off in the next week or two. A "bleeder" may prolong a surgery day as the grafts that are pushed up from excessive bleeding will need to be adjusted and set in properly; however, if you are not bleeding from any particular incision at the end of the day, you are likely safe and won't experience any bleeding or popping of grafts during the night. The first night after surgery is when the grafts are most vulnerable. Once past this stage, your grafts are secure providing you do not cause trauma to the head.

I hope this puts your mind at ease.

Congrats on your surgery. The work looks nice and clean.

ThininHouston,

Thanks Janna,

You are correct!The increased bleeding was an issue that decreased visibility at surgery. It prolonged the procedure a bit, and caused me to pull out my own hair. All the increase obstacles were overcomed by the teams' skills and perseverence. Now you need not worry, the grafts are securely in place and growing happily.