17 month post-op Dr. Charles

stillhere

Hello all, these are some of my 17 month post-op pictures from a procedure I had with Dr. Glen Charles in Florida on 09-16-05, only the frontal 1/3 was transplanted. I had 2,008 grafts done that day. Sorry I don't have any pre-ops, I will try to get some, my computer crashed over the summer and I lost all my files. I e-mailed Dr. Charles a week ago to see if he can send me some of my pre-ops but I haven't heard from him yet.

I plan to have another procedure done, but I am looking else where because Dr. Charles says I might be able to get only 1800-1900 grafts. Dr. Rahal said I could get at least 3,000 grafts and Dr. Armani said 4,000. I'm in my mid 20's, from southeast Asia, so my donor density is not as good as others, but my hair shafts I believe are thicker. All the doctors I've consulted with said to leave the crown alone, to be honest I'm not sure exactly where the crown begins and where the top of my head ends. I for sure want to add more density to the hairline and top and if at all possible a little in the crown region. I am on generic fin and am using Nizoral 2%, so hopefully my crown improves a little. Any suggestions would help me plan my next surgery.

17months007.jpg.fd297dfbb7575ee8d9339e75ff27e80f.jpg

Hello all, these are some of my 17 month post-op pictures from a procedure I had with Dr. Glen Charles in Florida on 09-16-05, only the frontal 1/3 was transplanted. I had 2,008 grafts done that day. Sorry I don't have any pre-ops, I will try to get some, my computer crashed over the summer and I lost all my files. I e-mailed Dr. Charles a week ago to see if he can send me some of my pre-ops but I haven't heard from him yet.

I plan to have another procedure done, but I am looking else where because Dr. Charles says I might be able to get only 1800-1900 grafts. Dr. Rahal said I could get at least 3,000 grafts and Dr. Armani said 4,000. I'm in my mid 20's, from southeast Asia, so my donor density is not as good as others, but my hair shafts I believe are thicker. All the doctors I've consulted with said to leave the crown alone, to be honest I'm not sure exactly where the crown begins and where the top of my head ends. I for sure want to add more density to the hairline and top and if at all possible a little in the crown region. I am on generic fin and am using Nizoral 2%, so hopefully my crown improves a little. Any suggestions would help me plan my next surgery.

If they are saying that it is probably your last I would definitely focus on the frontal 1/2 and hope that finasteride and minoxidil will work. Dr. Rahal seems to be able to provide great density with fewer grafts. I would also check out Dr. Feller because not only can he do high numbers with a strip surgery, but might be able to provide a plan for future with FUE. Just a thought. Good luck.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90