Grafts falling out?

17 days post-op now, feels like I got my HT ages ago. My grafts have been falling out pretty consistently, I do like to touch my head a lot... and i notice that my grafts come out. No blood or anything so I think its okay if they are just shedding. Noticed that some of the grafts seem to curl at the root of them... is this normal?

Additionally, made the mistake of shaving my head with a #5 clipper... the donor scar is clearly visible now IMHO. Could be that I am seeing some slight shock loss at the donor area or from the shaving to the donor site. Ugh... hats for the next few days i guess.

17 days post-op now, feels like I got my HT ages ago. My grafts have been falling out pretty consistently, I do like to touch my head a lot... and i notice that my grafts come out. No blood or anything so I think its okay if they are just shedding. Noticed that some of the grafts seem to curl at the root of them... is this normal?

Additionally, made the mistake of shaving my head with a #5 clipper... the donor scar is clearly visible now IMHO. Could be that I am seeing some slight shock loss at the donor area or from the shaving to the donor site. Ugh... hats for the next few days i guess.

Mochi,

Everything you describe is normal all the way down to the desire to touch your head a lot icon_smile.gif. At 17 days post op, touch your head as much as you want. It's fun feeling all those prickly hairs on top isn't it?

Expect to have to conceal your head with hats for awhile. I know I wasn't real comfortable going out without a hat until 5 months or so after my third surgery.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thinks its perfectly normal and you dont need to worry now, since its more than 2 weeks. You can now wash off the hair and do not worry about the falling hairs.

Be calm and dont worry too much at this time.

If you are going to touch your head a lot would you consider trimming your nails as short as possible. I'm super cautious about everything HT related but I figure better safe than sorry. I wish you the best of luck with your HT. icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

I am 28 days out and I was just this noticing the same thing. Mine are doing the exact same thing. Black instead of white on the end of the folicle with a little curl. I have about 50% to 60% left at present. Good luck and Good growing!

I've noticed that most of the grafts in the area where the doctor slightly lowered my hairline aka where there used to be no hair have fallen out. Leaving a slightly weird look where I have 5 or 6 grafts surrounded by nothing.

I know this is bad, but i tend to feel around those sparse grafts between my finger tips and they come out easily if i give them a slight tug. However, there is no blood or anything. It's now 20 days post op... is that normal. I know everyone says that grafts are secure 10 days post-op and should be fine as long as there is no blood.

If I remember from my first HT, about two weeks after I just took some peroxide (I think!), and rubbed all the grafts and crud off.

800+- Bosley NY, June 2005

1300+- Dr. Feller, December 2008

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1021

We should be on here to help and look out for each other, not to make someone feel worse about their situation.

It is hard to hurt someone with peroxide and vaseline/aquaphor. For folks who are really crusty, we have them use that combo for about 2 days after sutures are out.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians