Coalition Doctors/NYC

I had my HT done by a doctor who attended the coalition meeting in Florida (See Pat's post from Jan 25, 06) I read about here on this site, though he was not a member. Since he just joined MHR, I am worried due to the bad rep that particular company has here. My experience during the proceedure was excellent, but I confess I did feel 'sold'. This is my head, 1 month post-op.

As I said in a previous post, my recipient site is totally numb, and way redder than I'd like, and my donor scar is bumpy and itches, though most of the pain is gone and it is undetectable with 3/4" of hair.

It is so great to have a place to TALK about this process! Thanks all who read this.

I had my HT done by a doctor who attended the coalition meeting in Florida (See Pat's post from Jan 25, 06) I read about here on this site, though he was not a member. Since he just joined MHR, I am worried due to the bad rep that particular company has here. My experience during the proceedure was excellent, but I confess I did feel 'sold'. This is my head, 1 month post-op.

As I said in a previous post, my recipient site is totally numb, and way redder than I'd like, and my donor scar is bumpy and itches, though most of the pain is gone and it is undetectable with 3/4" of hair.

It is so great to have a place to TALK about this process! Thanks all who read this.

Ringo,

Welcome to the boards. Having a red scalp one month post-op is normal but that also depends on how red "red" is. Normally, it is just pink at this stage and continues to get better over the next several months. Your donor numbness, itchiness and "bumps" are normal too but again it depends on the severity. Donor scars take time to heal and if done properly it should flatten out and lose it's color. I can't comment on the "sold" experience but I will say that this is not a feeling you should have. Regardless, it is what it is now so just ride it out till you get your final results.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Ringo,

I echo Joe's statements above. Do you have any pictures you could show us of your situation? Perhaps we might be able to give you better answers and advice if we saw what you saw. It could be perfectly normal, but again, like Joe said, depending on the severity. Nothing you describe sounds abnormal...but a picture is a thousand words icon_wink.gif

Bill

Ringo-

I don't have any info on your Doc. Healing is a process and everyone is different in this regard. Any pics you can post of the situation would be helpful.

Best of luck to you,

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hi

best to post a pic

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by Bill:

Ringo,

I echo Joe's statements above. Do you have any pictures you could show us of your situation? Perhaps we might be able to give you better answers and advice if we saw what you saw. It could be perfectly normal, but again, like Joe said, depending on the severity. Nothing you describe sounds abnormal...but a picture is a thousand words icon_wink.gif

Bill

030707_034.jpg.03d435259b3292366bc349f94e773dec.jpg

Originally posted by Ringo:
Originally posted by Bill:

Ringo,

Bill

030707_035.jpg.69251ce4022478c41881ef1c9bb5b859.jpg

Ringo,

IMO........with respect to color, recipient site looks fine. I think I can see where the icisions were placed...................how many grafts did you have placed and where were they placed? As for the donor scar, the way you're pulling your hair up I can't really tell where it's at which I suppose is a good thing.

As I said in my earlier post everyone heals differently. My advice to you at this stage of the game is to be patient and see what happens.

Best of luck!

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Ringo,

I have to be candid with you...........1744 grafts will not give you any measure of density over that area. I would guess you'd need somewhere around 4000 grafts total in that area for the illusion of density.

My first HT was similar only I had 1200 grafts, see the before and after pics in my Blog. I had more hair than you and it did thicken it some but far from an appearance of density. It all depends on what you're after. Just wait it out and see what you think when it comes it.

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog