Recommendation for next HT doctor

Mr Comb Over

1st post here. I wish I found this forum before I had my 1st HT. I had a 4000g transplant about 15 months ago with Dr Armani. It was to cover my crown and parietal area. I'm somewhat disappointed. There is noticeable difference but no where close to what I expected. Maybe my expectation was too high. It is still very thin in the crown. My girlfriend who has been following my progress thinks that I might have about 2000 hair at most from this transplant. I followed my post-op care religiously.

Anyways I am looking for another surgeon to do my frontal area. The surgeons I have been considering is Dr hasson, Dr J Wong, Dr Rahal, and Dr Seiger. Any comments or recommendations is greatly appreciated. Is there a differnce between Dr Hasson and Dr Wong? Any other surgeons I should also consider?

Thanks in advance.

1st post here. I wish I found this forum before I had my 1st HT. I had a 4000g transplant about 15 months ago with Dr Armani. It was to cover my crown and parietal area. I'm somewhat disappointed. There is noticeable difference but no where close to what I expected. Maybe my expectation was too high. It is still very thin in the crown. My girlfriend who has been following my progress thinks that I might have about 2000 hair at most from this transplant. I followed my post-op care religiously.

Anyways I am looking for another surgeon to do my frontal area. The surgeons I have been considering is Dr hasson, Dr J Wong, Dr Rahal, and Dr Seiger. Any comments or recommendations is greatly appreciated. Is there a differnce between Dr Hasson and Dr Wong? Any other surgeons I should also consider?

Thanks in advance.

How much did the first session cost?

I'm about to have one, and I've been impressed with the ones I've spoken with and researched, particularly Dr. Cooley in Charlotte. Dr. Wong gets a lot of kudos on here too, but since I'm down in Georgia I figure theres not enough difference to travel half way around the world when world-class drs. are within 500 miles.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

You can also use the 'Search for Physicians' button up top and look at blogs / pics of real patients who post here. That seems better than just looking at the dr.'s website.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Mr Comb Over,

Welcome to our forum community.

In my opinion, all of the physicians you are considering are first rate, though I have not heard of Dr. Seiger.

If you are referring to Dr. Seager, sadly, he has recently passed away. (Read more about this here).

The best way to research a physician is to talk to their patients online and offline. Look for consistency in results and if possible, meet some of their patients in person.

With Dr. Armani, did you receive strip surgery or FUE? Do you have any before/after pictures you'd be willing to share with us?

Best wishes,

Bill

Sorry to hear of your dissapointing results; as mentioned, before/after pics would be cool if you can swing 'em.

Of the docs you've mentioned, I am unfamiliar w/ Seiger; I've seen nothing but good work from Rahal; Hasson and Wong are both terrific, though Wong has the "reputation" of being the crown master of the two, which isn't to say his hairlines aren't elite. As for doctors not mentioned, I would look @ Feller and Shapiro. You can't go wrong with any of the aforementioned, so take solace in that. I think depending on your degree of loss, and what type of session you can and should be seeking, you might gravitate towards one or the other, and based off of consults (the most important thing, imo) you'll find one whom you feel most comfortable with.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

yes my 1st HT was a strip procedure. Unfortunately I did not have close up pre-op pics. Yes it was Dr seager that I consulted prior to my 1st HT. I guess he passed away soon after.Too bad, he seemed like a nice guy.

Any more opinions on Dr Wong vs. Dr Rahal vs Dr Feller vs Dr Hasson.

Thanks again.