What kind of results could I get from non-surgical treatments?

I guess I've been in denial for a long time, and when I brought it up friends would tell me not to worry about it and that it's not happening.

I am not considering a hair transplant, and the idea of having to take some products every day is kind of rough to accept, but I guess it's not so bad because maybe in a few years hair multiplication procedures can make it so I don't have to anymore. I'd like to have the ability to shave my head and even be able to have the occasional mohawk (haha)

I'm 19 years old and I have the infamous "widow's peak" on my head. As of now my hair is pretty socially acceptable, but I can't help but feel jealous and possibly less attractive than the guy with the perfect hairline all gelled up and spiked up in the front. I also believe that the person who cut my hair made it so that it hides the thinning triangular formations above my sideburns.

So here are some pictures of my situation right now, this would possibly look like good after pictures of a procedure, but keep in mind that I am still only 19 years old.

I was a bit skeptical about posting these pictures on the net for paranoia of someone I know seeing them, but any remote possibilty of someone I know being here is probably someone who is going through a receding hairline themselves.

I'd like to thank this site for being as good of a consulation as it is and making me feel a whole lot better

So tell me what kind of regimen I should begin, or if I should not use anything and wait it out until hair multiplication becomes a feasible option.

IMG00009.JPG.e265bfd235865369ff9d3db6dc47c7a1.JPG

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I've been in denial for a long time, and when I brought it up friends would tell me not to worry about it and that it's not happening.

I am not considering a hair transplant, and the idea of having to take some products every day is kind of rough to accept, but I guess it's not so bad because maybe in a few years hair multiplication procedures can make it so I don't have to anymore. I'd like to have the ability to shave my head and even be able to have the occasional mohawk (haha)

I'm 19 years old and I have the infamous "widow's peak" on my head. As of now my hair is pretty socially acceptable, but I can't help but feel jealous and possibly less attractive than the guy with the perfect hairline all gelled up and spiked up in the front. I also believe that the person who cut my hair made it so that it hides the thinning triangular formations above my sideburns.

So here are some pictures of my situation right now, this would possibly look like good after pictures of a procedure, but keep in mind that I am still only 19 years old.

I was a bit skeptical about posting these pictures on the net for paranoia of someone I know seeing them, but any remote possibilty of someone I know being here is probably someone who is going through a receding hairline themselves.

I'd like to thank this site for being as good of a consulation as it is and making me feel a whole lot better

So tell me what kind of regimen I should begin, or if I should not use anything and wait it out until hair multiplication becomes a feasible option.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the forums Matt,

We all here can certainly relate and understand the frustration of just starting to lose your hair. You've come to the right place for both research and support.

From what I can see (though the photos are blurry), your hair still looks great, just some slight receeding starting. I'd consider talking to your doctor about getting on finasteride. Taking 1/4 pill of Proscar a day is better than 1 pill of Propecia in terms of cost...medicinally, it's the same thing.

I hope this helps.

Bill

ok you might want to take some advice from me since i was 20 when i had my first transplant, which i consider a mistake.

you wont realize its a mistake until after you do it...so just try to realize this.

ok like Bill said you should get on the medication, since you are young, you will RESPOND more to the drugs.

ok ill give you my reason for somewhat considering my ht a mistake.

Like you, my hairline was receding, and i filled in grafts to those areas. but the thing is that the grafts placed near hair that is weak or deemed to fall out in the future is more penetrable to shockloss. because upon placing the grafts there is much pressure being applied to the donor area(in yourcase the receding hairline) that you might aqtually lose more hair than gain)

ALSO one last advice.

it seems like your hair is somewhat FLAT , what i usually do to get my hair with the most volume is i take a shower at night, DONT DRY YOUR HAIR with a towel, i just go to sleep after a hour of watching the tv, and let the sleep dry my hair(i have longer hair than you so umm yea i take longer to dry my hair), and then in the morning iono, it does something and my hair is volumized but not easily to design, so there is where i blow dry my hair.

blowdrying does volumize hair i beleive or atleast the appearance of volume, and btw use volumizing shampoo or nizoral (i use volume shampoo)

OR YOU HAVE A 2ND OPTION.

shave your head bold, and work out alot. exercise is known to create self-esteem and confidence, and all the girls love a man who is confidence and strong.

just trying to say there is alot of options opposed to having a transplant at your age.

btw i dont have as much credit as Bill, hopefully i supplied as good information as possible...i know i wrote alot...

in the first couple sentences it seemed like i was bashing hair transplant...i didnt mean to bash it, it was just in my case that a hair transplant was bad cause of my age and i went in to the transplant blinded. hair transplants is what gives me hope just incase i go severly bold in the future

thanks and sorry for confusion.

Tisab,

No worries, I think that almost all of us will concur that we don't quickly recommend a HT to a 20 yr. old.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I guess I'll get a free consultation with a local HT doctor to try and get a prescription for propecia.

I do have hopes because looking very closely in the mirror I can actually see that pretty much all of the hairs in the receding area are still there, they've just gotten very thin and short and pale in color, so it's good to know that I don't really have any follicular death. You can't really see this in the pictures.

Looking very closely I also see that I have a lot of tiny pale invisible hairs on my forehead above my eyebrows going up to my hairline, is there a remote chance that propecia could thicken and darken these hairs and turn me into one freakish looking dude with hair on his forehead?

Also what are the effects of propecia on the eyebrows?

No you don't have to worry about the hairs above eyebrows growing thicker and getting the freakish look going.

It can effect the eyebrows but is rare. Don't worry about it.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90