hair kept with propecia

pat33

I wanted to ask a question. It's known that propecia can regrow some hair and if you stop taking it, you loose these hair. But if you take propecia for a long time, you'll prevent a lot of hair from thinning and falling. So my question is, if you stop propecia after several years, do you think you loose all the new hair that have regrown AND the hair you kept or you just loose the hair that came back after taking propecia.

pat33,

If you have taken Propecia for years and you've regrown some hair and prevented future hair loss, stopping it will result not only in the loss of the regrown hair, but may send your hair loss into overdrive.

In other words, you may start to lose the hair you were genetically programmed too much more quickly than if you had just let it naturally progress. I'm not suggesting that you will wake up one day and you will have lost all hair, it will still certainly be gradual, but most likely more rapid than before.

Best wishes,

Bill

it CERTAINLY happened for me pat, just to back up what Bill said. I took it for 7 months ( being ignorant at the time didn't realize keeping hair was a good thing) stopped and then A LOT fell out of my hairline which was never a problem before. My crown is still about the same that it was anyway. I have been on propecia again for almost 2 months.

~im getting a hair transplant in 2012 when im 25~

• 1 month later...

Hi, I just posted here in the forum today after several months of absence. I just wanted to inquire if you guys have an idea if missing approximately 14 days of taking Propecia (after taking it for 10 months, daily) will have a serious effect on the hair grown (or maintained) by the drug..??

I went on a business trip and unfortunately was not able to take my dosage of Propecia (1 tablet per day) for 2 weeks. I was only able to take it again when I got back home, which was 3 days ago. So I am worried that I screwed up the progress of the past 10 months of dedicatedly taking Propecia.

Your comments will be very helpful. Thanks in advance guys, and special greetings to Bill. It's been a while. I'm glad you are still active in the forum.

• 2 weeks later...