loss trouble

Billydett

I have been having trouble when I shower the last few times. I have noticed that I have lost a big glob of hair each time. I am using Nizoral 2 times a week and Free and Clear shampoo the rest. This is a Mild Shampoo. I know it may sound silly to worry about the hair I'm losing after I shower. But, I rarely lost hair that much in the shower, only when I first starting losing my hair. I have been on Propecia for 6 weeks(since the HT). And have been rogaining the back of my head. I just want the loss to be less progessive.

I have been having trouble when I shower the last few times. I have noticed that I have lost a big glob of hair each time. I am using Nizoral 2 times a week and Free and Clear shampoo the rest. This is a Mild Shampoo. I know it may sound silly to worry about the hair I'm losing after I shower. But, I rarely lost hair that much in the shower, only when I first starting losing my hair. I have been on Propecia for 6 weeks(since the HT). And have been rogaining the back of my head. I just want the loss to be less progessive.

Billy... from what I understand and have read on this forum: you may be experiencing a shed from the use of propecia, rogaine and shock loss in your donar area.

The shed is totally normal... the medicine is driving the weakest hair, at the end of its natural cycle, to go dormant. Most of these hairs should come back stronger and healthier. I believe I went through this stage of shed and I'm waiting for a positive outcome. I read that if this happens... it may be a good sign because you are a person that is going to have a positive response to the medicine.

Shock loss is not natural... but is a phenomenon created by the actual HT procedure. Blood flow and the hairs natural state have been disrupted, which in turn causes the hair to go dormant. Most of these hairs should regenerate also. I went through shock loss also. When I combed that area before I showered... it seemed I had a high number of fall-out. It however, is not noticeable and I believe the hair will come back. At this point I'm not concerned because it has stopped fallen out. Aditionally, fall-out does not occur at day one post-op. You're at 6 wks post-op and probably in that stage. Hopefully, it stops soon.

Shampoo just a thought... I don't know why you're using Nizoral: is it because you have dandruf or is it that you heard is was good for your scalp/hair overall health? It may be, but I've never used it so I don't know. Regardless, I use Nioxin, which has eliminated my dandruf when other shampoos (even prescribed) have not, and I now believe it is the best cleanser/conditioner for your scalp and hair. And, you can use it every day! Although, it does not claim to regrow hair it does claim to wash away toxins and DHT and optimize the health of your scalp. Eliminating dandruf I guess, is a bonus or maybe a hidden wordplay (ex: toxins) part of the package. You may want to look in to it... ~zerro

If woman don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy -Steve Smith 'The Red Green Show'

Hi

Nizoral is proven to increase hair count. This is not claimed by the company rather independent study. Do a Google search and you'll see the study. They say to use it 3 x a week. There really arent any shampoo's that will stop hair loss, as it's all a big scam $$$$ just like the supposed tratments on the market. They just don't work and have no evidence

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by zerro:

The shed is totally normal... the medicine is driving the weakest hair, at the end of its natural cycle, to go dormant. Most of these hairs should come back stronger and healthier. I believe I went through this stage of shed and I'm waiting for a positive outcome. I read that if this happens... it may be a good sign because you are a person that is going to have a positive response to the medicine.

I, too, found this to be true pretty quickly after using the Propecia/Minox combo. My hair looked okay for the first week or so, but then a noticeable thinning. The hair that falls out feels just a little... I dunno... dead? Not like plucking even one of the endangered ones out (which I've done, but don't recommend!).

I am documenting my hair loss with photographs so that I'm not left wondering. I'd like to here from you again, zerro, when you feel your hair has sprung back from the roots healthy. I'm expecting I should see them if they are coming back at least by the year's end.

Jeff

P.S. I also use Nioxin, but I'm gonna start supplementing the low voltage nizoral here real soon, too.

Regimen: 1 propecia taken in the morning, 3 shots 5% minoxodil twice a day around the hairline, 1% Nizoral several times a week

Jeff... I just got back from my dr. today (3 mo. post-op check-up,) and I asked him about the shed some people experience with propecia.

He said it was normal, almost used the same words I did to explain it (though, a little more medical but still in laymen words,) anyway he said don't worry, it will come back stronger than ever. Keep-in-mind that hair will stay dormant for a while then we should see about a half inch growth per month. Good news, after a few months our hair should feel and look fuller. Better than ever.

I think I kind of goofed on the shock-loss experience. I did not experience any shock-loss... apparently it was natural shed and shed caused from propecia. Using mirrors he showed me my scar/donar area and clearly, there is no hair loss in that area and the scar is almost entirely invisible. His words "incredible!" He expects that the scars are going to look great, but this was unbelievable. He said I could get away with cutting my hair pretty short.

I'm going to get a little off topic (I feel I have to because of an earlier discussion)... so, to all those guys that are fearful about excercise and lifting-weights because of SCAR stretching don't be, I was lifting full speed again within 18-20 days post-op, originally I tried sooner. Besides, I think the sweat helped remove impurities from the area. I knew my scar was in good shape because I can barely find it, but I wasn't totally sure because with just two hands I'm kind of limited moving mirrors around and trying to comb through my hair. I got to work on finding a extra pair. -ha Anyway, just be careful like I did!

Back to subject... he said, I was experiencing great growth and to expect more density... clearly, he could see that there was still plenty of dormant hair.

Anyway, I see him again in 3 months. At that time we'll discuss placement of another 1600 graphs. I was prepared to tell him I wanted to wait and see the potential of the first HT before I consider another, but he beat me to it...

Overall, thanks to this site, I think I made a good choice. All my evaluations and research came from this site. Although, I never ask any questions, I kept an eye on past and current dialog... thanks guys. I'm very pleased now, it was a good check-up and I'm sure in 3-4 more months I will be ecstatic. But the waiting is a killer. ~zerro

If woman don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy -Steve Smith 'The Red Green Show'