Dr. Feller stories?

jason_d

Hello, my name is Jason. I do not know Dr. Feller that well, and before I schedule a date, I would like to hear from people who have had surgeries with him. How is his work. Anyone have bad experiences with him and so forth.

Hello, my name is Jason. I do not know Dr. Feller that well, and before I schedule a date, I would like to hear from people who have had surgeries with him. How is his work. Anyone have bad experiences with him and so forth.

Ya I had surgery on Sep 13th with Feller. He is definetly one of the top docs in hair restoration. I had 2500 grafts done and am starting to see the results. I think you paid WAY to much for your first procedure! I paid 8500 for my procedure and my second will be with Feller as well. He is the Man.

Thanks for the follow up guys. But, dont no body take it the wrong way, but it seems like everyone on this forum has nothing but good things to say about doctors. I have searched through the forums and have not found one bad experience on any doctor, whether it is feller, bernstein and or soforth. It seems like, the people who are posting are just pitch man. If you say you had x grafts done by y, post up the pictures so we can see the work.

One more thing, what is the difference between sutucures(dont know how to spell it) and staples. What is better? The doctor who performed my first surgery placed sutucures, and Dr. Feller stated that he would use staples.

jason,

I understand what you're saying about everyone having good results. I think the reason for it is that most of the people here have gone to the docs that are doing the top shelf work. These are the docs that are recommended on this site (The Coalition I think) So you're seeing pretty consistant results from docs that are doing basically the same procedure, I believe with some small variations from doctor to doctor.

Believe me, there's some bad work being done out there still today and some pissed off people who've been burned by the a-hole docs. Check some the other forums too, you'll see when someone gets bad work, there's no sugar coating.

As far as Dr. Feller goes, he has a alot of patients posting on anotehr forum and he posts pics and video. Everything I've seen from him looks really good. He produces great results consistantly from what I can tell, and his patients have always been happy with the work. If you're going to Feller, ask him if you can meet some of his patients in person.

thanks for the follow up. I knew that was one of the main reasons why people only had good things to say, but still worth a mention. To the topic of staples or sututres, however you spell it :-), can anyone tell me the difference, the pros and cons for both and which is better?

Jason_d ---Honestly, it seems doctors argue back and forth on closure methods. I had staples, and wanted a doctor that used staples, period. I think any other methods used display a greater propensity to allow stretching, etc... I know I looked at Dr. Konier, and I think I remember he uses a dissolveable closure method that produces good results, but given my choice I like the idea that staples securely hold the closure in place. I think what you need to look at is your normal level of physical activity, and try and determine if a doctor that uses stitches is right for you. Oh, and that includes sex as well icon_biggrin.gif

In response to your question about everyone on the forum: There are some members that work for clinics, and by far most do not. Each person brings a unique experience and perspective, as noted due to session size, and doctor, etc... I think most members would dislike it if a new person like yourself found an overwhelming amount of negative feedback, as opposed to what you are currently finding. That would mean that we are not doing our best to give back. Trust me, negative feedback is here, you just have to look for it. Your response is telling me that perhaps this forum has done its job by calling out doctors, and steering patients in the RIGHT direction. As a fellow sufferer I completely understand working the courage up to even consider a HT, let alone finding a forum that only detailed the very worst experiences and constantly contained terrible results. This forum will absolutely jump all over any doctor that does not do his or her job, period. It is just nice to know that those posts are getting fewer and fewer as people like yourself find your way here, BEFORE they go through with a HT. Good Luck on your journey and continue to update your progress!!!!!!!

BTW-- negative feedback is also positive feedback if used in the right manner by people like yourself.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Jason, while most patients on this forum are pleased with their results, there are those who are not. Spock was not happy. Mahair was disfigured badly. Mudpuppy was not pleased with his density. Others are looking for repair from a previously bad plant. They are out there on this and other forums.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Staples vs. sutures is more of a doctor preference. Some say staples are easier for the doctor. My doctor used a double suture which consisted of an internal disolvable and and external removable suture. Sutures tend to be more comfortable for the patient.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Thank you for all the replies, I think I will go head and schedule my oppointent ment. But, here is another question. My digital camera does not work so I do not have pics to show. But my first operation, I had 1800 g, spread around the crown and mid sections of my head. Now I would like to get another 2500 or so to close my temples recesion and to fix my hairline. I was thinking about 1500 for the hairline and the rest evenly spread out through my crown and mid scalp. Does this makes sense. I realy would like to spread out the remeinder grafts as I stated through crown and mid portions of the scalpe for the future. I really do not want to pack all the 2500 in the front and in 5 years later or 3 years later have a nest in the front. I will try to get pics of my current situation but what advise can you guys give me. I really do not want another surgery after my second one. That is another reason i would like to get 2500 or more.

Anyone know why Dr.Feller does not seem to be included in the Coalition list of recommended docs? Thought he is one of the best in the business ie ultra refined FUs, new tools, FUE results etc.....Pat/Robert/Spex??

jason I had a 1045 fut procedure with dr feller , it was a nice experience for me if you would like to see my results " I am about 3 months out " pm me. I dont work with feller , I just think he does really nice work.

1045 FUT "hairline" with Dr Feller on Nov 05

825 "hairline" with Dr Loria "saw so so results" on Jan 01

MHR 325 "hairline" micro/mini 's 1999 "big mistake"