Ideal time for suture removal

Jabba:

I called and asked Dr. Cooley about taking them out at 13 days, as I was about to travel and he said that was ok. But, he recommended 14 days.

To me, the toughest time was the last couple of days with the sutures in. You'll be gold

when they come out, though.

Hang in there.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Dwayne,

Thanks, I can wait a few more days. Did you have any bleeding after they came out? Have you shed your hairs yet. The short hairs are pretty neat to have!

Jabba

Originally posted by jabba:

Dwayne,

Thanks, I can wait a few more days. Did you have any bleeding after they came out? Have you shed your hairs yet. The short hairs are pretty neat to have!

Jabba

No bleeding. It was sort of sore for a couple weeks after suture removal. Not really hurting, but you could feel it back there. My whisker hairs are long gone. The recipient area might be a little pink but you'd have to look close to see it.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Jabba,

You really need to call your own clinic and ask this question. They know your case and understand any details that will be relevant for you and you only.

There can be details that dictate you wait longer than what may be normal so you don't want to take advice from anyone (no offense to Dewayne) but your doctor so as not to jeopardize anything.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Originally posted by Jotronic:

Jabba,

You really need to call your own clinic and ask this question. They know your case and understand any details that will be relevant for you and you only.

There can be details that dictate you wait longer than what may be normal so you don't want to take advice from anyone (no offense to Dewayne) but your doctor so as not to jeopardize anything.

You're right Jotronic, but we went to the same clinic so I suppose that's pretty standard. However, when one is "under the influence" of some pain meds, it's better to verify with the doctor.... icon_wink.gif

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

hatrick,

No physician member of the Coalition attempts to deceive in any of their photos.

However, sometimes flash, lighting conditions, and the angle can portray a greater illusion of fullness than reality demonstrates. On the flip side, certain lights, flash, and angle can create a thinner looking appearance than reality presents.

Some less than reputable clinics (none of our recommended or Coalition physicians) will use the above to their benefit creating thinner looking befores and thicker looking afters.

In my opinion, before and after pictures should be taken in similar lighting, angles, and preferably without flash. However, if flash is to be used, it should be consistent in the before and after pictures.

Jabba,

Many have their sutures/staples removed at 10 days however, just as JoTronic stated, check with your physician as to what he recommends for your specific case.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks Guys,

I went to the doctor at 10 days and while waiting, I decided to leave and wait a few more days. I ended up waiting until day 14. I'm glad I waited. The nurse said that the scar looks good and it has healed well.

Jabba