Post-Transplant Rogaine, An Open Question

...which I fuly intend to ask Dr. Feller, but I wanted to prevail upon you guys for perspectives, first-hand experiences, etc....as well.

Have you used Rogaine shortly after surgery to accelerate the growth of the new "sprouts?" Did it make a noticeable difference? Were there side effects (irritation)? Do you think it's worth it?

On one hand, the thought of speeding up the process is appealing, for obvious reasons. On the other hand, risking skin irritation that could interfere with growth, or potentially getting existing hair "hooked" on the stuff (if that is in fact possible), to me isn't worth it, if all I'm buying myself is the slight acceleration of a process that will take its course naturally otherwise.

Benjamin

...which I fuly intend to ask Dr. Feller, but I wanted to prevail upon you guys for perspectives, first-hand experiences, etc....as well.

Have you used Rogaine shortly after surgery to accelerate the growth of the new "sprouts?" Did it make a noticeable difference? Were there side effects (irritation)? Do you think it's worth it?

On one hand, the thought of speeding up the process is appealing, for obvious reasons. On the other hand, risking skin irritation that could interfere with growth, or potentially getting existing hair "hooked" on the stuff (if that is in fact possible), to me isn't worth it, if all I'm buying myself is the slight acceleration of a process that will take its course naturally otherwise.

Benjamin

I dont agree that msm is more effective than minox....I use both, and biotin, to help speed regrowth...

But I use minox consistently...if I didnt and was going to discontinue after a couple of months, I'd have concerns about the hairs becoming dose dependent....but thats just me, I dont know or know if anyone knows for sure, how long it take to develop dependency...