Hot Water After Hair Transplant

I have just recently had a hair transplant 3 days ago. When i was washing my hair i accidently poured some very hot water over (not alot) and am a little concerned as to whether it would cause any negative effect, like killing the graft. I am also wondering what it should look like after a few days. I have seen other photos from people that appear slighlty red but also clear. I have more of a spotted / pimple appearence too it. Not sure if it is dried blood or somthing else as these pimples are red and appear more in certain areas.

Maybe i am just paranoid but if it is blood then does it mean they have either came out or somthing is wrong with these areas.

bah

Hi Andrew,

It's fairly typical to have some blood at 3 days post-op, including dry blood. You could post a photo and see what people think.

As for the hot water, I'm really not sure. How hot are we talking about? I know it's ok to use warm water, you should probably ask your doctor this question.

first 5 days are supposed to be cold water....as far as dried blood, is it from the surgery or from a popped graph? A popped graph will have dark red blood, and will bleed a good bit.....usually, you will see a blood trail about 1/4"thick x an inch or so long.....

Originally posted by johnnie69:

first 5 days are supposed to be cold water....as far as dried blood, is it from the surgery or from a popped graph? A popped graph will have dark red blood, and will bleed a good bit.....usually, you will see a blood trail about 1/4"thick x an inch or so long.....

Johnnie,

Do you mean like the dark blood rings in this picture:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/attachments/post%20o...%201%20cropped%2Ejpg

It's not really a trail though. Is there a reason its dark blood and not the usual red?

• 1 year later...
Guest betterthanb4

i made a mistake...i had a 2nd procedure done, 400 grafts, and about 6 hours later i had sex (lying down, nothing touched my head). lot of breathing and sweating. i was assuming that i wasn't to exert myself due to the surgery and medications yada yada. i dont have any bleeding other than a little dried blood in sweat. could i have put any grafts in danger, i.e. partial popping, without knowing?

betterthanb4,

It's probably best to start your own thread - that way you are certain to get a better response. When an old thread is revived, many members don't respond.

To answer your question - you are probably fine. But being only a few days after a hair transplant - I would hold off on doing anything strenous for a few weeks. Sex can be gentle, but often times as passion increases, it isn't so gentle anymore if you know what I mean.

Bill