Closure Techniques

Hi Emu

I believe they are all relatively the same but let's see what Master Bill has to say.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Dr. Rose's Ledge closure is a technique where he uses a scalpel to score the lower edge of the strip incision. He uses a scalpel to cut the epidermis at a 1 mm depth. This method is very accurate as a scalpel can be used to pick the follicles to be included or exclude. Also, a true right angle is created. Some physicians use scissors to create a slope rather than a ledge. In Dr. Rose's opinion, this slope results in a less secure closure verses the more secure ledge.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

mm,

"Bumps" and elevated scars are not attributed to the closures discussed in this thread. These problems are more associated with bad techniques and individual healing tendencies.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I found this in an old thread... not sure why I didn't find it before. It really does a good job of explaining the different techniques (thanks Dr. Shapiro).

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/albumcomm...60861/m/6991072522?r

-Steve

I don't work for a doctor.

Got 2700 fu from Ron Shapiro, 11-30-7

Good find, Emu. This is a very definitive thread by Dr Shapiro. It nicely covers the trichophtyic variations of Rose, Frechet, and Marzola. Thanks.

I believe that Dr. Shapiro likes to trim the bottom edge of the incision, regardless of which method he uses.

I will have to ask this in an in-depth manner in order to properly answer the question.

Perhaps Janna will catch the thread and give a better response.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hi Jason,

There are few different techniques to the trichophytic closure, and Dr. Shapiro has tried them all. Lately, he has been using a very sharp blade he used use for making incisions called Sharpoint blades. These come in number of different sizes. He uses this instrument to score the 1mm x 1mm dermis, and then uses the scissors to extract the tissue. So, he basically uses both the ledge and the scissors (Frechet) method. He feels he has greater control and efficiency with this technique. Dr. Shapiro has alternated trimming the bottom edge on some patients and the top edge (Marzola) on others depending on his criteria for switching. He's been trimming more top than bottom recently. I'm not sure what the criteria(s) are for the bottom or top, but I believe he has not definitively seen one being better than the other.

I hope this helps.