ONE WEEK TOMORROW

Hey guys.

One week will have passed tomorrow and feeling good.

--realize it's only one week and the donor area goes from feeling like nothing has happened to slight throbbing,stinging feeling sometimes...normal I guess ??

--Was instructed to start showering tomorrow normally and start to rub the graph areas to get those scabs off...they look like little brown scabs...how hard should I rub those babies ??

I realize not to pick off with fingernails.

--Also have read that aloe vera gel not lotion could be applied to graph areas to ease itching/help heal...will it help ??

I went to the health food store and found gel that was 99 or 98 % aloe...is that cool ??

--is there anything I should apply to the donor area to help with the slight throbbing/stinging ??

Thanks to all.

Can't believe it's a week.

Why don't I look like Elvis yet ??...kidding.

More_hair

Hey guys.

One week will have passed tomorrow and feeling good.

--realize it's only one week and the donor area goes from feeling like nothing has happened to slight throbbing,stinging feeling sometimes...normal I guess ??

--Was instructed to start showering tomorrow normally and start to rub the graph areas to get those scabs off...they look like little brown scabs...how hard should I rub those babies ??

I realize not to pick off with fingernails.

--Also have read that aloe vera gel not lotion could be applied to graph areas to ease itching/help heal...will it help ??

I went to the health food store and found gel that was 99 or 98 % aloe...is that cool ??

--is there anything I should apply to the donor area to help with the slight throbbing/stinging ??

Thanks to all.

Can't believe it's a week.

Why don't I look like Elvis yet ??...kidding.

More_hair

More_hair.

I know you've read my day by day play of washing your hair and taking care of your grafts however, pressure is hard to describe with writing. It is better to use gentle circular motions and do it for a longer period of time than applying more pressure with less time, if that makes sense.

Aloe vera gel can be applied to both the recipient area and donor area to help with healing. The throbbing however, in the donor arae will dissipate over time.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hey

That week flew by, eh?

A couple of things I did: I used conditioner pre-shower. I'd place it on head for about 10-15 minutes prior to shower. This seemed to soften/moisten up scabs a bit. Don't scrub overly hard in shower. Just a good massage will do.

For donor area try some Bag Balm. It worked good for me anyway. Gently rub it along stitch line. Will help with healing and scabbing in that area too.

Remember, every day gets better.

Hey Guys.

Bill.

I got ya.

Gentle longer..rather than harder for a shorter period of time...makes sense.

Jddidt...thanks pal

The doc's people also told me about conditioner...also said leaving it on there for a bit would help remove and dried blood around the sutured line also.

When you say "bag balm" is that a brand of balm?

There's one little area along the sutured line that feels a little more sensative than the rest.

I was thinking about putting a little Bacitracin zinc ointment (antibiotic) on that tiny spot just to soothe it(protect it).

Figured it can't hurt.

Any thoughts ???

Thanks guys,

more_hair

I used the bag balm about 5 days post with sutures still in, and for the next 2-3 weeks or so. It's really good stuff. We've been using it in our house for years, basically in place of vaseline ointment -- for scrapes, rashes, etc.

Also Jddidt....

I must tell you I'm seeing VERY little pinkness one week out.

And of the 2800+ graphs I received...most of them are frontal 1/3...maybe some back around the 1/2 to crown...but not many.

Or maybe I'm in for a surprise and when the scabs come off (starting tomorrow i hope) the pinkness will occur.

Let's see.

More_hair

I'm one week today as well (the 6th). I still have no discomfort or dissatisfaction whatsoever. I'm back to 100% as far as my grooming and showering habits go as well. I have fairly long hair, so my donor scar is undetectable and I have bangs and usually wear a hat, so the recipient area is also undetectable. I can't wait for them to start growing in over the next year or so and getting my old hairline back.

WeAreCured...

Congrads on it being over...nice feeling isnt it.

I also feel awesome compared to the first two nights.

What I'm shocked about is there is really no pinkness at all.....and that's after 2800 graphs.

I know we all heal differently...but once these scabs are gone(hopefully soon)...I mean this being undetectable lets say after two weeks is really a nice surprise.

I'm also back to 100% in the shower routine.

Best of luck WeAreCured !!!

Hopefully by the middle of next summer we are living large.

More_hair