YIKES! 14 and 9 days out! Put folligen lotion on my grafts!

I had 2500 total grafts done 14 days and 9 days ago (needed more grafts, so a second surgery).

This morning I used a dropper and gently dropped some liquid Folligen lotion on the grafts to help them heal.

Well, the runny liquid of the lotion didn't turn out to be as runny I as anticipated and has somewhat solidified over the new grafts. It's a bright blue color and has left streaks everywhere. Gently running water over the area can't remove this. When would it be safe for me to lightly wash the recipient area with some cleanser?

I've heard after 9-10 days that the grafts are completely secure (theoretically). However, they certainly don't feel secure in my head. Should I just let the lotion sit there until the grafts are definitely secured? How long would that be?

(Also, the lotion feels somewhat itchy now)

Anyone have any experience with such a situation? Please advise.

Thanks,

Meta

I had 2500 total grafts done 14 days and 9 days ago (needed more grafts, so a second surgery).

This morning I used a dropper and gently dropped some liquid Folligen lotion on the grafts to help them heal.

Well, the runny liquid of the lotion didn't turn out to be as runny I as anticipated and has somewhat solidified over the new grafts. It's a bright blue color and has left streaks everywhere. Gently running water over the area can't remove this. When would it be safe for me to lightly wash the recipient area with some cleanser?

I've heard after 9-10 days that the grafts are completely secure (theoretically). However, they certainly don't feel secure in my head. Should I just let the lotion sit there until the grafts are definitely secured? How long would that be?

(Also, the lotion feels somewhat itchy now)

Anyone have any experience with such a situation? Please advise.

Thanks,

Meta

Meta,

As you have heard, the grafts are secured by 9-10 days after surgery. Every physician has their own postoperative instructions, but most patients resume normal washing by 5 days post-op. If your surgeon agrees (be sure to check with him/her), go ahead and wash the recipient area in the shower as normal.

Best wishes,

Bill

Grafts are secure, Gently wash with mild shampoo like baby shampoo and soak it while patting/lightly rubbing. Do this several time a day and should come off rather quickly. Not to worry-- its on the scab portion.

SMOOTHY

Dr. Shapiro

Propecia/Rogaine xtra

MSM/Saw Palmetto

Nioxin Shampoo line

Zrii 3oz daily