May be a stupid question, but I'll ask it anyways...

I'm just wondering if I were to take propecia and have my head shaved, Would that hinder the stabilization and regrowth of the drug. I'm asking this because I don't know if old hairs need to fall out before new hairs come in, etc. Can anybody answer my question, maybe even someone who has already done it?

danger

I'm just wondering if I were to take propecia and have my head shaved, Would that hinder the stabilization and regrowth of the drug. I'm asking this because I don't know if old hairs need to fall out before new hairs come in, etc. Can anybody answer my question, maybe even someone who has already done it?

danger

Hey vocor, I checked out your before and afters, and was just wondering if you had your hair that short(pic 1) for the duration of your first year of using proscar? Also, what # is that on the clippers? And hey anybody else have any answers for me post 'em!

Peace Out,

danger

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I'm just wondering if I were to take propecia and have my head shaved, Would that hinder the stabilization and regrowth of the drug. No problem. Think of Propecia as working at the "root level". The length of your hair should be irrelevant to how Propecia works.

danger:

I started using Procar in July 2002, so I haven't been on it for a year yet.

I cut my hair as short as I want to, but right now, it is a bit longer as the donor scar heals. Also, longer hair gives better coverage. One of these days, I'll cut my hair at the #4 level as I had it in the before picts. If I'm not mistaken, the after picts are at #6 or possible #7 at the longest.

Hope this info helps. I haven't lost any additional hair since being on Proscar and my crown has regrown some. Prior to Proscar, my hairline was slowly receding and the top of my scalp was also slowly thinning out.

It is only when I cut my hair very short (#1 or #2) that I started to visibly notice the extent of the thinning on top. I wanted that to stop!

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.