robs hairline

Robbo

Originally posted by Bill:

I'm not sure I understand the point of this post. Did you get an HT? A more detailed post would be nice.

Bill

Second that... your hairline looks great but what did it look like before? Or perhaps you never were bald and you just posted that pic to make us bald guys jealous icon_rolleyes.gif

PB

Originally posted by PB:
Originally posted by Bill:

I'm not sure I understand the point of this post. Did you get an HT? A more detailed post would be nice.

Bill

Second that... your hairline looks great but what did it look like before? Or perhaps you never were bald and you just posted that pic to make us bald guys jealous icon_rolleyes.gif

PB

I'm sorry someone was wanting to see my hair and they told me to post it like that so it would be uploaded ...anyway thats the way my hair is now i wanna get a ht to fix my receeding hairline around my temples ? what do you guys think ...there was 2 other pics i dunno where they went ?

Hey Robbo,

Looking at your photos, I would strongly object to you getting any kind of HT. You have a completely natural and excellent looking hairline and I see no reason to change it. If there has been any receeding, it's certainly not noticable in your pics. Even when your hair straight back in your second pic, most people would kill for that hairline.

That being said, keep in mind that HTs are not for quick fixes. Depending on your age and pattern of hairloss, you could lose a lot more hair, and if you spend many grafts trying to restore your high school hairline (which in your case, you are not far off anyway), you will waste grafts. I say, no way should you get an HT.

Bill

yes.. agreed with Bill.

Don't do it. It's not worth the hassle or the complications that could come from it. Main point, it could cause more trauma hairloss than a benefit from it.

You really need to start looking at photo's and do some serious research into what you are looking for.

I trust in the end you will find you willl be much happier with where you are at.

Good luck, and best wishes in your choices.

Originally posted by Robbo:

I'm sorry someone was wanting to see my hair and they told me to post it like that so it would be uploaded ...anyway thats the way my hair is now i wanna get a ht to fix my receeding hairline around my temples ? what do you guys think ...there was 2 other pics i dunno where they went ?

All three pics uploaded OK (click on the Gallery or Slideshow tab at the bottom to see all three pics). I thought your pics were AFTER pics... I don't see any receding or even any signs of thinning in those pics. Forget the HT. I doubt that any doctor would agree to do a procedure on you anyway (at least not a doc with any ethics).

PB

Originally posted by PB:

su

All three pics uploaded OK (click on the Gallery or Slideshow tab at the bottom to see all three pics). I thought your pics were AFTER pics... I don't see any receding or even any signs of thinning in those pics. Forget the HT. I doubt that any doctor would agree to do a procedure on you anyway (at least not a doc with any ethics).

PB

well i did a online consultation and the doc said he could 500 on each temple and the fee would be 6750 ...thats just to much money for me so i guess i'll just stick with what i have ...btw ....how do u get prescribed for propecia?

Robbo,

I don't see why any Dr would your head of hair to be honest. Do you mind if I ask....how old are you? When did you first start noticing a change in your hair? There are many concerns about patients getting HTs while they are still young, not so much because of age (despite controversy), but because hairloss starts early but progresses as you get older. If you waste 1000 grafts on the temples now, and then lose more hair....you'll have a hair patch on your temples and then a gap and then more hair. That's not what you want.

Talk to your medical doctor about Propecia. Looking at your hair, unless you really see some kind of change in your hair, I wouldn't even get on that yet. I'm all for preventatives....but are you sure you are even losing your hair? Some people get nervous about it and think they are losing their hair when they really are not. Anyway, I hope this information helps, but I definately think the HT route is a huge mistake at this point. Out of curiousity....which doc in which area did you consult with? Did he give you an estimate for FUE or Strip?

Bill

well i did a online consultation and the doc said he could 500 on each temple and the fee would be 6750 ...thats just to much money for me so i guess i'll just stick with what i have ...btw ....how do u get prescribed for propecia?

I agree 100% with Bill - just imagine what you would look like in a couple of year's time with just 500 grafts in each temple (if you really are losing hair) and bald areas in between and behind the grafts - you'd look like someone had stuck a second set of bushy eyebrows on top of your forehead and then you'd have to cough up another 10 grand to get patched up again.

I don't use Propecia or any other form of finasteride, so I'm not able to advise on where to get it... also depends on your location.

PB

I can only echo my colleagues. Don't do anything man! You don't even look like you're receding. Get on Finasteride if that can give you some peace of mind but IMO you don't need it yet.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

Originally posted by hairworthy:

I can only echo my colleagues. Don't do anything man! You don't even look like you're receding. Get on Finasteride if that can give you some peace of mind but IMO you don't need it yet.

OK well thanks guys i guess its not that bad ...its just receeded some over the years ...i guess u could tell it better from a better pic...i just hate my big forehead lol

• 2 weeks later...

Robbo... dude... I would kill for a hairline like yours. Mine actually used to look like that, then I started getting obsessed with having so much forehead showing, too. Can be really miserable when you first notice it, but man, you look like you ain't gonna have problems.

Regimen: 1 propecia taken in the morning, 3 shots 5% minoxodil twice a day around the hairline, 1% Nizoral several times a week

And to think of it that when I first saw the picture, I thought the hairline is too straight.

I must be getting to perfectionist or a pain in ***.

7500 grafts till now. All by Dr. Arvind/Dr.A, New Delhi.

They include strip FUHT, FUE and body hair grafts.

Hoping to accomplish full hair restoration.