after HT activity

How long after the HT can you do activities. I have a salt water pool that I enjoy swimming in and wonder if it might help in the healing. I also am an avid work out guy. And golf is pretty lame but you do sweat a lot in this arizona heat.

Any ideas hair gurus?

How long after the HT can you do activities. I have a salt water pool that I enjoy swimming in and wonder if it might help in the healing. I also am an avid work out guy. And golf is pretty lame but you do sweat a lot in this arizona heat.

Any ideas hair gurus?

I tend to take a cautious approach. I would avoid golf for a few months. The swinging action could put a strain on your neck.

You can do light aerobic activity fairly soon. I was doing my eliptical machine the week after.

I've heard salt water can actually aid in healing. Some recommend dipping your head in the ocean. Saline solution is basically just salt water.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Originally posted by finnari:

Any ideas hair gurus?

I was fully active about 6 days after my HT. Per Dr. Epstein's post-op instructions, ""?? Avoid any strenuous physical activity the first 2 days to prevent loss of grafts or increased swelling. After 5 days, weight lifting, heavy exercise, etc may be resumed, with swimming able to be resumed at 10 days."

My Hair Loss Weblog

1st HT with Dr. Jeffrey Epstein 2,599 Grafts

Fin,

I personally waited to hit the weights for about a month after my procedure. The reasoning was this: Why chance it after going thru so much effort/cost to have the HT?

It wasn't like taking a month off would make that much of a difference.

Guest wanthairs

Hey guys.....

6 weeks post op I joined a boxing club. I work out strenously three times a week. I was told it was okay by Epstein.....Also, I am getting signs of growth now at just under 8 weeks post op

Originally posted by SinTPA:
Originally posted by finnari:

Any ideas hair gurus?

I was fully active about 6 days after my HT. Per Dr. Epstein's post-op instructions, ""?? Avoid any strenuous physical activity the first 2 days to prevent loss of grafts or increased swelling. After 5 days, weight lifting, heavy exercise, etc may be resumed, with swimming able to be resumed at 10 days."

THis is what I was looking for. I dont want to sit around for nothing. Getting the blood flowing is important. I am a nurse and the first thing we do after a pt. has big surgery is get them moving!!!!

I think people want to do the right thing but waiting a month seems ridiculous and may actually delay healing from not getting your circulation going.

Yes, but there are multiple ways of getting the circulation going, aerobics for one. I think the "cautious" part come in when talking about doing things that could put a strain on the area around the scar. For example: lifting weights could strain the neck area.

I agree that getting the blood flowing is important. That's why I was doing my eliptical machine a week after.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

Originally posted by Gorpy:

I tend to take a cautious approach. I would avoid golf for a few months. The swinging action could put a strain on your neck.

You can do light aerobic activity fairly soon. I was doing my eliptical machine the week after.

I've heard salt water can actually aid in healing. Some recommend dipping your head in the ocean. Saline solution is basically just salt water.

Are you kidding about putting off golf for a couple of months? "The swinging action could strain the neck". Sex strains the neck. Would you put that off for a couple of months?

Be careful with heavy lifting .. You don't want to stretch your scar and you can do this by noth breathing correctly or putting strain on the donor ( no heavy shrugs or upright rows)

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

The strenuousness of sex can be varied. I wouldn't do the wild monkey thing right away. Try the slow groove for a while (the wife might like it).

Teeing off with a driver requires a strenuous swing.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

Just had the surgery yesterday with Dr. Keene I will post a complete anaylsis shortly of the entire procedure but in terms of activity she said no golf for 7 days. I asked if 6 days was okay. She said no. I do think she is conservative which is I am cool with.

finnari, you will be able to feel when you do things that put stress on the strip area.

Although you might feel well, that scar is very fresh & tender.

Better off taking it ez for a couple of weeks.

yeah right, you will be driving a ball down the fairway on day 6 1/2! icon_smile.gif

Finnari,

Probably best I not give you advise on this topic. Others that read a previous thread of mine will attest to that. Good luck with the healing process.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

OK - since you guys are talking two of my favorite activities: Sex and Golf, I thought you should check out these rules!

RULES FOR BEDROOM GOLF

1. Each player shall furnish his own equipment for play.

2. Play on a course must be approved by the owner of the hole.

3. Unlike outdoor golf, the object is to get the club in the hole and keep the balls out.

4. For most effective play, the club should have a firm shaft. Course owners are permitted to check shaft stiffness before play begins.

5. Course owners reserve the right to restrict club length to avoid damage to the hole.

6. The object of the game is to take as many strokes as necessary until the course owner is satisfied that play is completed. Failure to do so may result in being denied permission to play the course again.

7. It is considered bad form to begin playing the hole immediately upon arrival at the course. The experienced player will normally take time to admire the entire course with special attention to well formed bunkers.

8. Players are cautioned not to menti on other courses they have played, or are currently playing, to the owner of the course being played. Upset course owners have been known to damage players equipment for this reason.

9. Players are encouraged to bring proper rain gear for their own protection.

10. Players should ensure themselves that their match has been properly scheduled, particularly when a new course is being played for the first time. Previous players have been known to become irate if they discover someone else playing on what they considered to be a private course.

11. Players should not assume a course is in shape for play at tall times. Some players may be embarrassed if they find the course to be temporarily under repair. Players are advised to be extremely tactful in this situation. More advanced players will find alternative means of play when this is the case.

12. The course owners is responsible for manicuring and pruning any bush around the hole to allow for improved viewing of alignment with, and approach to the hole.

13. Players are advised to obtain the course owners permission before attempting to play the back nine.

14. Slow play is encouraged. However, players should be prepared to proceed at a quicker pace, at least temporarily, at the course owners request.

15. It is considered outstanding performance, time permitting, to play the same hole several times in one match.

Any "Tour Players" out there??? icon_biggrin.gif

NoBuzz