Delayed shock loss?

im 5 months post op today and have notice in the last 2 weeks hair shedding, it doesnt appear to just be the top of my head but also around the donor site. I was a diffuse thinner before ht so is this shock loss? im panicking a bit because i thought shockloss only occured early in the ht healing not between 4-5 months. Any comments would be much appreciated.

im 5 months post op today and have notice in the last 2 weeks hair shedding, it doesnt appear to just be the top of my head but also around the donor site. I was a diffuse thinner before ht so is this shock loss? im panicking a bit because i thought shockloss only occured early in the ht healing not between 4-5 months. Any comments would be much appreciated.

Scooby,

Are you noticing visible signs of hair loss (ex: seeing scalp) or are you just panicing because you are seeing additional hairs shedding?

Are you on or have you recently started taking Propecia and/or Rogaine? How about any new medication or changes in medication?

I would suggest that hair loss at 5 months post-op is not shock loss. However, if you are seeing visible signs of hair loss in areas other than in typical male pattern baldness areas, you may want to consult with your hair transplant surgeon first and then potentially a dermatologist.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 6 years later...

i am three months post op a very small fue procedure into the front hairline, noticed classic shock loss within a few weeks post op in area's quite close to the procedure & just started noticing recovery there - but horrified to find & just noticed that the thinning now seems to have spread deeper into my scalp to the point that i now have a small area of bare skin.

i have only ever receded at the temples and always had thick hair at the crown & mid section of my scalp. at age 44 i didnt expect progression of mpb as i am taking fin & minox daily.

have had a stressful event recently involving the bust up of a relationship so wondering if this spread of the shock loss at month three is telogen? at three months i thought it would be all blue sky, not a setback. any thoughts?