ingrown hair

I was wondering if some of you guys that have had a transplant have experienced ingrown hairs..(That become bumps) What did u have to do to get rid of them? Is that a sign of poor workmanship?

I was wondering if some of you guys that have had a transplant have experienced ingrown hairs..(That become bumps) What did u have to do to get rid of them? Is that a sign of poor workmanship?

I think everyone gets them Lon,you're not alone there. Im 9 weeks post-op and I get about 2 per day now. It's the hairs coming through. Compress a wet,hot washer on them for 5 minutes and then gently pop them. Keep the area clean (sometimes easier said than done)

Hi, I just asked the same question and was told this was normal and to punch in pimples, bumps etc.into the find button located in the upper right of the page. It works like a search engine and retrieves info on the subject thats been posted over the last 5 years on this site. I did that and found tons of information on this site of previous posts on the subject. I think Pat said to treat them like other pimples apply hot water compress to help let them drain etc. Hope this helps.

Scott

• Administrators

Brianf, Thanks for your constructive and accurate advice. The technical term for these occasional hair zits is "folliculitus". Some of the new hairs some times get caught under the skin and cause a pimple. Brian's advice on how to treat this is good advice.

Best wishes for a bumper crop of new hair to both of you. Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.