How long do you wait after HT to use concealers?

Hello,it seams many people use concealers with good results, I'm 6 months post op 2500 FU's so my hair is still looking very thin,but a lot of growing going on. How much hair do need to use these products? and when can you start using them? I've read some things on this site about concealers causing some hair loss, that would suck spending $10,000.00 on my HT only to buy some junk that would cause damage. Dermatch's web site says that it's for HT guys.Read their web site. I need some help here, My caps are still my best friends, which also sucks.

Ofcourse at the 6 month point you are ok to use the concealers but I personally would wait a full year because your hair is still attempting to return to normal state. Give it some time for the hair to thicken and get healthier on its own and then you can start to use the concealers. Just my opinion.

I also recommend not using concealers on a regular basis. I believe that moderation is good when it comes to most things in life. You don't want to continually add product to the hair and possibly limit its ability to stay healthy. Build up of sediment can be a factor in creating a nonhealthy scalp and hair.

I have experimented with toppix and loved the product but:

1. Didn't want to be reliant on it and then be insecure when not wearing it.

2. Didn't want people use to seeing me with it and then think I'm having a bad hair day when without.

3. Didn't need the added hassle in morning and then be concerned about rain, sweat, etc.

4. Was fearful of harming hair if I used it regularly.

These are just my thoughts, possibly others have some other input.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

• 2 weeks later...

I had been told by all surgeons that performed my transplants that I could use concealants within a week after surgery.

Considering the thinness of my hair, concealants are daily necessity for me. I usually use it for work or socializing. Other than that, I don't use it.

T.S. -

I agree.............I think you can safely use a concealer after the recipient site heals. Personally, I'd wait a little longer than one week but I suppose you may not have to.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I've been using concealers since about week 4 and I'm sprouting like mad 11 weeks out. I use Toppik just a bit, but now find myself using less!!!!

Just my two frog legs.

Toad

Originally a Norwood 3 -- Now?

1/4 proscar daily started 9/01/2005

1791 FUs - Dr. Lehr - Dec. 2006.

1300 FUs - Dr. Brad Limmer - Jan. 2009.

No doubt.

I have used concealer the last two times after my HT's .. Generally I think the docs say after 10-14 days or so.. I would ask your doc to be sure but it's much less than a month .. Works like a charm!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!