Shaved Head = Thicker Donor Area

Since shaving thickens the hair, does it mean that the donor area will provide for coverage. In other words:

3,000 grafts shaved head > 3,000 grafts regular

My hair feels really coarse and thick when it is not shaved, I hope it means a greater appearance of a full head of hair. Any experiences or thoughts?

Since shaving thickens the hair, does it mean that the donor area will provide for coverage. In other words:

3,000 grafts shaved head > 3,000 grafts regular

My hair feels really coarse and thick when it is not shaved, I hope it means a greater appearance of a full head of hair. Any experiences or thoughts?

shaving your hair will not make it any thicker. also, not sure i really understand your question; 3k grafts equals 3k grafts, shaven or not.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Yeah, shaving does not thicken hair at all. That's a huge myth about hair. Shorter hair makes hair look thicker because the hairs are closer together and bunch up.

Grafts are grafts... doesn't matter your length

Current Regimen:

.5mg Fin ED

Minox 2x daily

Nizoral 1% 2-3 times a week

Fish Oil capsules w/ Omega-3

savemylife1,

I too have heard the comment that shaving causes hair to grow back thicker. However, this is a fallacy.

Your Hair characteristics will remain the same regardless of whether or not you shave. Therefore, 3000 follicular units are 3000 follicular units.

What does matter however, is how the grafts are strategically placed to give you the best result and greatest illusion of density.

Best wishes,

Bill