Skin Laxity?

i was told i have a pretty good amount of donor hair and would be a good candiate for a ht sometime in the near future, but im concerned that i dont have a lot of laxity. i mean i can move my skin back there but not that much, maybe around half an inch, maybe a little less. but if i plan on having at least two procedures done is that a realistic possibility if i already have pretty bad laxity?>

propecia .5mg 7x

revita shampoo 5x

multi vitamin 7x

saw palmetto 7x

i was told i have a pretty good amount of donor hair and would be a good candiate for a ht sometime in the near future, but im concerned that i dont have a lot of laxity. i mean i can move my skin back there but not that much, maybe around half an inch, maybe a little less. but if i plan on having at least two procedures done is that a realistic possibility if i already have pretty bad laxity?>

propecia .5mg 7x

revita shampoo 5x

multi vitamin 7x

saw palmetto 7x

It is a realistic possibility that you have bad scalp laxity, but that isn't a dealbreaker by any means if it is even the case; especially since you can start up scalp exercises, which can dramatically help whatever laxity you have. Also, with this being your first procedure, your scalp's laxity is probably rather good to begin with; but, again, it can be improved to help you get maximum grafts extracted when all is said and done.

Re: scarring...FUE produces the least visible scarring when done properly, and for FUT the trichophytic closure tecnique would probably be used on you for your first procedure to give you the best scar.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I had a tight lax area and did not do the scalp exercises. I was really worried and in the same situation as yourself. Great donor area with tight lax area. Dr. Jeff Epstein gave me an estimate of 2300 grafts and he also was very concerned with my scar size. If you look at his site foundhair.com he states that what truely makes a great Ht doctor is the work that is done on the donor area. My 1st ht was done feb 7th 2008 and the doctor pulled out 2953 grafts with a spectacular donor scar. look up my posts and see what my questions where to the others on this site or just email Dr. Epstein and he will be conservative and truthful with you on your situation for advice.

Laxity is an awkward one for anyone doing online consults.If you`re not sure how to measure it.

Maybe someone could invent a simple tool/instrument that can measure laxity just as a rough guide.Is there such a tool already out there.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

jw34,

The best way to determine how much donor hair density and laxity you have would be to consult in person with a qualified hair restoration physician. You can also check your own elasticity (not with any degree of scientific analysis) by doing scalp exercises and seeing how much your scalp moves. Also, if you can pinch any skin on your scalp around where the physician would take the scar, this is a good indication that you have decent laxity.

Avoiding donor scar stretching in both in the hands of the physician and patient. For starters, a physician should only take as much donor hair in a single session as can safely be removed without making the area too tight which may cause the area to stretch. Closure technique used makes a difference too.

The patient then should therefore avoid putting any tension on the donor area while its healing. Err on the side of caution by not doing anything too intense that could put a strain on the area the first 3 months.

I hope this helps

Bill