minor transplant?

mr invisible

hey whats up, i am a norwood 1 i think, thats the first pic, my hair line has receded a little bit in the front and a little bit at the temples but i was thinking about getting like a minor hair transplant, what do you think about this? how much am i looking to spend if its only going to be minor? and who is the best to go to and who shouldnt i go to, i live in southern california. If anyone can answer me or give some advice that would be great, thanks

hey whats up, i am a norwood 1 i think, thats the first pic, my hair line has receded a little bit in the front and a little bit at the temples but i was thinking about getting like a minor hair transplant, what do you think about this? how much am i looking to spend if its only going to be minor? and who is the best to go to and who shouldnt i go to, i live in southern california. If anyone can answer me or give some advice that would be great, thanks

At early NW1 - I don't think any reputable doc would work on you. There would only be expense, and definite need for more later on.

Don't get me wrong, it can definitely be done, and many have, but medication would be a better solution for now - in my opinion.

My Pix and Hair Mentor page with advice on Choosing a Doc, anti-swelling and healing advice

I couldnt see your pic, but a "minor" transplant is usually a very bad idea.

A. you may have shock loss and lose more hair then you gain. Wind up balder after the transplant then before.

B. You may lose more hair/continue to recede and wind up with a fringe of hair in the front/low hairline on your head that looks strange and unnaturual.

Best advice is to try some rogaine, propecia, or just forget about it.

A Norwood 1 is a normal adult hairline. You should NEVER have a transplant at this stage. Even those with no other hair loss at all usually become Norwood 1's--like 99% of the population. I've met only a handful of people in my life that kept their teenage hairline into their 30's and they looked really odd too.

I am an independent hair transplant surgical consultant and hair loss researcher. Any opinions I have posted are my own. I am working on a few hair loss/transplant projects and will be making some announcements concerning them in the near future.