Concerned over bosley

Just had a second HT.by Dr.Alpeter of Bosley..I am new to this site,new meaning tonight..If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it since we all share something in common..I did like the results of my 1st.HT it was done in Feb of o7-1000 graghs in the front,from what I am reading a small HT..I am just concerned of all the negative feedback I am reading over Bosley.And how can you tell if all the hairs grow in?The second was done last month 1065 again in the front but I think I had some shock to my natural hairs it just appears thinner.Is this normal?It is looking a little better lately I am now almost 2months from the 2nd HT.My total cost was 11,170 dollars for both...Like I said I would appreciate any feedback.The Dr.was David Alpeter,for what it's worth now he seemed very knowledgable with everything...Thank you for any post op advice you can give me....

Just had a second HT.by Dr.Alpeter of Bosley..I am new to this site,new meaning tonight..If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it since we all share something in common..I did like the results of my 1st.HT it was done in Feb of o7-1000 graghs in the front,from what I am reading a small HT..I am just concerned of all the negative feedback I am reading over Bosley.And how can you tell if all the hairs grow in?The second was done last month 1065 again in the front but I think I had some shock to my natural hairs it just appears thinner.Is this normal?It is looking a little better lately I am now almost 2months from the 2nd HT.My total cost was 11,170 dollars for both...Like I said I would appreciate any feedback.The Dr.was David Alpeter,for what it's worth now he seemed very knowledgable with everything...Thank you for any post op advice you can give me....

I dont think there is a single post that I have seen on this site that has anything good to say about Bosley but choosing a doctor is a personal choice so the only person that has to be happy with them is you. As for the shock loss I hear there are two kinds temporary and permanent. Temporary shock loss grows back in a few months while permanent does not. Can you post some pictures so eveyone can see first hand what you had done? If you do the people on this site will really give you some great advice!

heres a problem with bosley, in 2 procedures you transplanted a total of 2,065 grafts right? Any honest, candid, surgeon would tell you that he could easily do 2,065 grafts in one procedure. As im sure you know, the more grafts per procedure the less you pay per graft. Therefore you paid over 22,000 dollars for two procedures where you could have gotten it all done in one procedure for 7,000-12,000 dollars. Basically bosley ripped you off bad, and you should call them and voice your displeasure. I would ask for some money back and threaten to sue them, but thats just me. Ask them why they felt it was necessary to break it up into two procedures. They wont say it, but it was so they could get more money out of you, guaranteed. That is only one of the many reasons people on this site hate bosley, hair-club, etc.

Therefore you paid over 22,000 dollars for two procedures where you could have gotten it all done in one procedure for 7,000-12,000 dollars

hatrick,

He paid 11,700 total. Which is still a ripoff. Just not as bad.

Isn't H&W now $5/graft for the first 2000?

Yes, But everything after that is $3 a graft! So that $5 is really not $5 if you get say 4000 grafts. It really ends up being $4 a graft! And if you get 5000 grafts it end's up being even less. It's a no lose situation w/ these guys. You end up paying less and get a world class HT.

The past is past..

At this point I hope your 2nd HT turns out well. From my experience , anything less than about 1500 - 2000 really isnt worth the pain ( except for FUE).. Obviously it depends on the patient and factors invoved but generally speaking in my opinion.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Ninja-

I agree with Mr. Jobi, what is done is done. If you were happy with the first HT, you will probably be happy with the second. And if not, you have a lot of options

Take the next couple "doldrum" months to research and learn about the coalition doctors, their techniques, and all the patients results and discussions. You will learn a ton, I guarantee it.

You cannot turn back the clock, so do not spend too much time worrying at this point. You should be fine.

Eman

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

• Moderators

You guys assume too many things and make comments on stuff you don't know anything about. He says he paid $11170 for 2065 grafts. That's $5.41 per graft. Slightly on the higher side maybe, but I wouldn't call that a rip-off. Sure he can get a lower per graft price if he had 4000 to 5000 grafts done, but how do you know he needs that many? Maybe he does, but we don't know at this point. If he's a NW 2 or 3 he may only need 2000, so what's the point of discussing 4000 plus until we know if he needs that many.

I will agree that he should have/could have had the entire 2065 done in one session, but he didn't say if that was his choice or not, perhaps because of money issues. I can only go by what he says. So far he says he's happy with the first results. That's good news (and leads me to believe he probably doesn't need 5000 grafts).

Now to answer his question about shock loss. It's normal to have some temporary shock loss to previously transplanted hair when you do a new procedure in between the first grafts to add density. Normally it will all grow back in a few months. Usually the shock loss hair will grow back a little sooner than the newly transplanted grafts.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.