Photos of Fue with body hair?

Ams99

I was wondering if there was any after photos on the net with people who had body hair transplanted on their scalp. It seems like this might be the only option for those diffused thinners who medication has failed to give aesthetically pleasing result on the crown area.

I was wondering if there was any after photos on the net with people who had body hair transplanted on their scalp. It seems like this might be the only option for those diffused thinners who medication has failed to give aesthetically pleasing result on the crown area.

Look on Dr. Woods' website.

www.thewoodstechnique.com

It shows a guy with extensive body hair work, He is holding up a ruler to show that his chest hair has grown several inches longer after being transplanted to his head. Look under the section "chest hair to scalp".

There is also a guy Timetested who has had a lot of body hair transplanted.

Remember that this is a new technique, so don't expect to find tons of examples. It is only done on certain patients who have depleted their regular donor supply, and has not been around for a long time yet. It takes a year for a HT to mature. Every year, there should be more and more evidence to look at.

In my opinion, the only sensible reason to use body hair is because you have completely depleted the donor supply on your head.

Body hair shouldn't be the first choice.

I think most people already realize that, but in case there is somebody who doesn't...

I'm looking into this for the far future possibilities. I'm a diffused thinner with no recession but loss in the crown. After a year of use (minox/proscar/niz) I can see medication will retain the hair I have but will not fill in my crown. I'm 25 and looking into ht to fill in my crown area a little so the obvious scalp showing through will be better covered.

oh yeah, and I also suffer from excess body hair. my chest hair (which covers my entire chest up through the shoulders) alone are thicker than my scalp hair, and grow to be 2-3 inches long.

I recommend a body hair transplant. I am 5 months post-op and it is coming in nicely, with no complications. Dr. Woods extracted the grafts from my chest cleanly, with about a 5% transection rate.

If a doctor is damaging 30 to 40% of the body hair grafts as he extracts them, as Beverotti says above, that doctor should not be doing the procedure.

hey curious, how much did it cost you to get all that done? right now it seems the only thing i could afford is strip, and i don't know if that's the best soulition for me right now.

It's about $7,700. a session. Basically a session goes from the morning until late into the night. The beauty of it is that you can have hair even if you have no donor area left to work with (very rare), provided you have body hair.

wow, that's not too bad at all! i hope you don't mind me asking how many hairs you had extracted from your scalp, chest, etc... and how many grafts you had total? this could very well be a possibility for me.

• 1 year later...