Benefits vs drawbacks

Just want to hear what you all think about benefits vs drawback of HT's.

Like Benefit... more hair on your head

drawback... It'll cost alot of money.

Or Benefit... Improves your looks

drawback... Limited hairstyles

Benefit....More hair

drawback...limited supply ETC

Just want to hear what you all think about benefits vs drawback of HT's.

Like Benefit... more hair on your head

drawback... It'll cost alot of money.

Or Benefit... Improves your looks

drawback... Limited hairstyles

Benefit....More hair

drawback...limited supply ETC

The biggest benefit for me is that I LIKE HOW I LOOK WITH MUCH MORE HAIR ON MY HEAD! icon_biggrin.gif Oh, and I like being able to style my hair again other than just clip it short with the hopes of disguising the fact that I was losing my hair.

The financial part is a drawback because it is expensive, however, since you have the hair the rest of your life it really isnt' too bad an investment. Also, possibly one drawback is that you'll likely never have the density you want........seems like we always want more density.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

dakota,

Great thread.

I believe besides the general benefits and drawbacks, people will have an interesting personal side to this question.

For me....

The main benefit is having a lot more hair on my head than before any surgery and a boost in confidence.

Drawbacks include healing time, temporary shock loss, expenses, still want more hair (hair greed), going through 3 surgeries instead of only 1 or 2

In the end though, the journey was certainly worth it for me icon_smile.gif

Bill

Originally posted by dakota3:

I've only seen a few HT patients "that I know of" in person so I cant really judge, but does the transplanted hair take on a differant texture and look than the native Hair?

Not in my case.........it looks identical to that of my native hair in color and characteristics. The only difference would be that it's not as dense as what it was before I lost hair - that's it.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

dakota,

Hair takes awhile to mature, but once it does, texture and characteristics should match that of your natural hair. After all, it is your natural hair, it's just been moved.

In the beginning though, hair characteristics may not match and it may be hard to style.

Bill

Not in my case.........it looks identical to that of my native hair in color and characteristics. The only difference would be that it's not as dense as what it was before I lost hair - that's it.

This is very comforting to know!