Mederma

For those who have tried Mederma for scar reduction, how did you go about using it? Did you apply it while you had the staples still, or after the staples were removed? And how often did you apply it to the scar?

Thanks in advance for any inputs.

For those who have tried Mederma for scar reduction, how did you go about using it? Did you apply it while you had the staples still, or after the staples were removed? And how often did you apply it to the scar?

Thanks in advance for any inputs.

I had some that I used on a scar around my eye, worked well. I plan on using it on the scar from the donor area, don't see why it wouldn't work just as good, I have this antibiotic ointment, so I'll use that first then use the mederma.

• 3 weeks later...

I used Mederma on my knee surgery arthroscopy scars. I felt it was worthless. A girlfriend of mine had a breast enlargement and used Neosporin scar solution for the surgery scars. It also seemed to offer no benefit.

So what works? Got me. I'm still looking for the best scar solution product. I'll keep trying others in the meantime.

I am an independent hair transplant surgical consultant and hair loss researcher. Any opinions I have posted are my own. I am working on a few hair loss/transplant projects and will be making some announcements concerning them in the near future.

The key with any scar treatment is using it as directed and for a longer period of time before seeing results-- Mederma worked extremely well on my knee surgeries (as directed multiple times a day for 8 weeks), by the 8 week the scar was barely noticable-- very faint.

SO when I had my last HT, I tried it then as well but used it for 10 weeks and YES at first it was a little itchy but after a couple of weeks that subsided and 10 weeks later I can not see or feel my new scar

SO it worked for me and most Plastic/Costmetic Surgeons recommend Mederma and NeoSporin for scar reduction, But you have to use it for some period of time and be consistant with applications daily.