Hiding Hair transplant

Hello, I am scheduled for 1800 grafts on Monday. I need a lot more but elected to do it in phases. They are going to dense pack them. I am going back to work exactly two weeks later. I am still pretty young (early 30's) and have dark skin and hair from South ASian descent. How noticeable is my transplant going to be? Should I try to take more weeks off? What can I do before and after to minimize the scabs and redness ?

Hello, I am scheduled for 1800 grafts on Monday. I need a lot more but elected to do it in phases. They are going to dense pack them. I am going back to work exactly two weeks later. I am still pretty young (early 30's) and have dark skin and hair from South ASian descent. How noticeable is my transplant going to be? Should I try to take more weeks off? What can I do before and after to minimize the scabs and redness ?

I think it really depends on what your going in with and how you heal.. I have fine not overly dense blond hair and was too short when I had my HT..my skin tends to hold red in scars for sometime.. at a month it was still very noticeable. It has now been about two months and is looking pretty much as it did pre HT.. The day after my HT I meet a guy in my doctors office who was at three days post op and was undetectable.. Its hard to say. If you can get extra time off I would do it..

i am now 2 weeks after my ht and i have all these scabs,still so i would need to wear a hat cuase it is very noticable, here is a pic again this is me, 4 days ago, it may vary like others say but it will be 2 weeks exactly on monday, and i dont think many of the scabs will be gone they are falling out very slowly so if you can take more time go for it, on the pic like i said is 4 days ago, and i would say about 5 percent are gone but it kind of still looks like this, if anybody has any ideas on what i can do let me know, if not i will just leave them be, thanks

ultimate_warrior_092.jpg.593caf8c5c3026caf3e128903c77dd06.jpg

Rafael, I'd recommend you soak the scabs in water while you shower and rub them off with your fingers. Be gentle, but don't be overly cautious as at 2 weeks the grafts are already in and won't be removed by this. 2-3 showers and scabs'll be gone; by now they're ready to go anyway.

I would suggest that everyone is different. I tend to heal slow anytime I get a cut or a scrape.

It took about 3 weeks for all my scabbing to be off. It did start coming off at 2 weeks and went pretty quick from there. I didn't really mess with them much ... except that I left my hair long and some of the scabs were attached to them.

I'm at 4 weeks now... and the scabs are gone, I haven't lost any transplatted hair as of yet, the tight scalp feeling is gone, all the numbness is gone... and I have no redness coloring on my scalp.

Good Luck

brooklyn-

In most cases, 2 weeks should be enough time. You may want to have the additional vacation days available just in case. If you follow post-op instruction for washing the scalp/hair, scabs should be gone by the 10-14 day mark for sure. However, as another poster mentioned, everyone heals different. Your darker skin and hair will probably be in your favor.

Best of luck.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.