Video, Dr. Hasson patient, Tricho shaved to #1

Patient is eight months post op. He came in and realized we had an opportunity so we grabbed the ether rag and the clippers. Here is the result.

http://www.hassonandwong.com/Video/trichoshave.wmv

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Patient is eight months post op. He came in and realized we had an opportunity so we grabbed the ether rag and the clippers. Here is the result.

http://www.hassonandwong.com/Video/trichoshave.wmv

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Joe, the video (at least on my pc) was not the clearest in the world, though the scar is obviously miniscule. However, I was blown away by the tricho scar I saw at H&W on the day of my surgery. I mean I simply couldn't find it.

My blog.

HT1: 4063 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 12/9/03

HT2: 3537 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 5/15/06

Total grafts: 7,600

WOW

It looks very clear on my PC .. That is amazing! I had the T closure in Dec 05 with Dr. True and my scar is about 90% healed.. Can't wait for 8 -12 months to shave down to # 1 or 2

Cheers

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by Jotronic:

He came in and realized we had an opportunity so we grabbed the ether rag and the clippers.

LOL icon_biggrin.gif

The video was also clear on my PC, great job! Would you be able to get the same results on a patient with a non-tricho scar, if the old scar was excised in conjunction with a second HT or are results like that only possible with virgin scalp?

PB

Hi PB

I think so as I had a prior procedure with traditional closure technique ( which looked damn good as well) They just remove the old .. unless there is a really bad scar It should be removed

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I'm just over 4 months post op by Dr. Jeffrey Epstein with a tricho closure, and feel confident that I could buzz to a 1 already with no detectable scar.

That's not the look I want anymore though, but nice to know that I could do it. I think the scar is already completely healed and don't expect any real change going out to the 8 month mark.

Originally posted by dannyg:

Did you have to pay extra to Dr. Epstein for the T closure or does he do it for all his pts. Does Dr Charles in S FLORIDA also do the T closure. thanks

DannyG,

Most of the top docs are performing the tricho technique as standard procedure. I haven't heard of any of them charging extra for this.

GuitarPlayer

Originally posted by Mrjb:

Hi PB

I think so as I had a prior procedure with traditional closure technique ( which looked damn good as well) They just remove the old .. unless there is a really bad scar It should be removed

Thanks JB,

my traditional scar is pretty good too (almost invisible at the sides but stretched slightly at the back) and I don't really want to buzz my hair anyway, but as Doc Patient said, it would be nice to know that I could if I wanted to.

PB

Joe,

That is what I have been looking for. I have had my consult with Dr. Wong and am still in the process of making a decision to go ahead with a HT (if I do, it will definitely be at H&W).

Seeing as I like to shave my head down to a #2 and reading that I probably would not be able to, this video just added to comfort level in terms of having surgery.

Thank you for posting that and keep posting for people like me who are struggling with going forward with this life decision

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Joe - that's an awesome video! It truly captures that you simply cannot find the scar!

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

• Administrators

Joe,

Thanks for sharing that video. As they say, "seeing is believing" and this is as close to being in person as it comes.

This video really illustrates what so many of us who have had strip surgery with the top surgeons already know - the "donor scar" from strip surgery is no big deal!

If it weren't for a few grandstanding fear mongers who hawked their so called "scarless" FUE procedures by featuring some bad scars online this hysterical fear would not have taken hold.

But for anyone paying attention online, strip is the best value going.

But for those who want to pay twice as much for half the results - FUE is ready and waiting with most surgeons now offering it.

For info and video comparing FUE and Strip, click here.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.