Im going in guys, after 4 years on the board!

Hello peps.

So Im finally going in for HT after all these years, I think if I dont go in now I will never do because still Im a bit afraid what the results will be, but without risks there are no gains.

Ive been realy not sure about the scar that was the main problem that it took so many years but not Im going in for FUT and I hope I will acchieve results that I can stop bothering about my hairloss.

Im going in for 2200 FUT, by the end of this month.

Ive heard that FUT results take longer time to pop out then STRIP, is that true?

How much hair can be taken by FUT in the back before it starts to notice thining?

Regards // Robo

Hello peps.

So Im finally going in for HT after all these years, I think if I dont go in now I will never do because still Im a bit afraid what the results will be, but without risks there are no gains.

Ive been realy not sure about the scar that was the main problem that it took so many years but not Im going in for FUT and I hope I will acchieve results that I can stop bothering about my hairloss.

Im going in for 2200 FUT, by the end of this month.

Ive heard that FUT results take longer time to pop out then STRIP, is that true?

How much hair can be taken by FUT in the back before it starts to notice thining?

Regards // Robo

Hello RoboNick,

Oddly enough your alias does sound familiar...I must have seen some of your posts a long time ago. You've been here longer than me...I've been around for 2 years or so and have already taken the plunge 3 times. For what it is worth...I'm happy that I've been traveling down this road...I feel and have felt much better about myself. I'd be a completely bald man if it wasn't for all the HTs I've had. Of course, right now I just came out of the third one...so results have yet to be determined...but I went to a fantastic high level top doctor so I feel pretty confident.

I think you will find that depending on who you talk to, you'll find that FUE (I assume you mean FUE and not FUT) is rather controversial. Some claim that it's better than strip while others claim that the results just aren't as solid. You've been around a long time so I'm sure you know your material and research. But the longer I'm around the more I realize there's always more to learn. Do a lot of research on FUE and look at the big picture...comparing a number of people's results. Does FUE match the success of strip? I'm not sure because I haven't looked into FUE...simply because I don't mind a linear scar especially with tricho and I don't want to pay for FUE...it's way too expensive in my opinion.

I hope this helps and good luck! Please keep us posted.

Bill

Bill:

Hello man, well I hope this will give me some more dense and rebuild of my hairline, because thats the most part Im going in for.

I have been doing research but I always did want to do STRIP as I like to have short hair around, when let it grow out it doesnt look as good as Im big headed =)

Yes FUE is expensive, but this time its the other way around, I wont go out with a doc name or anything as its not a top doc from the US.

I know FUE wont give me the same good result as STRIP, Im pretty sure from all of the pictures Ive seen, but still I cant do a STRIP before I try FUE, because if I do STRIP it could mean I can never shave my side and back short and that maybe give me more problem.

By the way, Im 24 years old, for those who hesitate icon_razz.gif

Hi RoboNick,

Everybody uses his own judgement in making decisions, that's totally reasonable, that's how I also act anyway..However,as an advice, the scar should not be the determining factor of your decision. You have to shoot for max quality HT, and that's it. the scar is important, but comes second. simply because if you have a successful HT with a reputable doctor, then you will also get a nice T-closure in your donor area -if you go for the strip- that won't even be an issue at all. If done properly, a tiny scar there can still leave you with the option of shaving your hair..but hey, why shave your hair anyway when it looks good and full, and spent so much money and effort for it?

I just had a procedure with the strip method. I was initially thinking the same way as far as deciding for strip vs FUE, I finally went for the first. It's your call, though, in any case.

Vico:

You are right it could mean a nice closure, but still this is cosmetic surgery and because a t-closure is made by a top doc doesnt mean this scar will be invisible, everything can happend in the cosmetic world, Ive seen many bad T-scars by top docs, not just this forum.

The scar is big issue I think not only for me, you would not be able to shave short on the sides if you get strip, it will always be there and yes it could be invisible if the scar is made very good, then youre lucky, but thats not always like that.

I want good density, always wanted to do FUE but it was to expensive, now its the other way around, its not a top doc, but very reputable in his country and the price is good, realy good, thats why I want to try it out, maybe it will give me excellent result, maybe it wont, then I have still strip available not the other way around, you feel me?

As said I will not loose the same as if I would go with a Strip, thats the main point.

But still I do hesitate because its 2200 grafts, its still 1/4 of the donor hair.

But Im going throught with it icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Goodluck RoboNick,

I recall you sending me a PM a while back when I was feeling the aftermath of several poor surgeries. We are of simlar age and I am about to have my 6th surgery. I'm sure your time spent researching will be rewarded icon_smile.gif

The comments/statements made above are my opinion only.

898 Scar Revision and Staple Cycle Experiment - Dr Feller & Dr Rogers (Nov'06)

2200 Strip - Dr Feller (Nov'05)

4 bad surgeries at Hosp Grp

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

RoboNick,

Congratulations on making the leap after four years of being a member of this community. We'd all love to see photos of your immediate post op results (recipient and donor areas) and learn more about your surgeon.

Feel free to create a free weblog to document your hair restoration journey.

Best wishes for great results.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Ill post this week guys, and it was 2250 grafts and not hairs, they did not split any hairs into more grafts as some does.

The hairline is awsome, maybe a bit to good icon_biggrin.gif

Anyways stay tuned, will propably post tomorrow.

Robo-

Hey, glad to hear things went good for you. I'll be anxious to see the results.

Take care and happy growing to you! icon_cool.gif

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hello folks.

hairbank: Well Im not pleased yet before I see the final results =)

PB: Yes u are right, Im from Sweden and no I did not do it in Sweden.

Ill post tomorrow pictures and the story.

Anyways is it possible to have shedd a bit from the donor area?

When will the black spots on the implantet area be gone?

Regards // RoboNick

RoboNick congradulations on your ht. After 4 years of your research you must have decided on a top notch Fue Surgeon. And not to worry as your earlier question was does Fue take longer to pop out than strip? Not in my case just the opposit. I had 3 strips and my yield was horrible but I chalk that up to picking a bad surgeon until I was able to read up on this site and others and met many former patients. Good growth to you.

Originally posted by RoboNick:

Anyways is it possible to have shedd a bit from the donor area?

When will the black spots on the implantet area be gone?

Regards // RoboNick

Yes, it's very possible to have some shock loss around the donor area..........I did somewhat with both HT's. As for the "black" spots (blood, right??), once the grafts are seated after the first 10 days - 2 weeks you should really work at removing them while shampooing your hair.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.