looking for surgeon in southern california

helpadude

Hey,

I live in the South Bay and I have had my procedures (6900 grafts) done by Dr Jeffrey Epstein in Miami, the latest on 9/24. When I was there, he said he was soon going to start coming to LA to consult and do procedures. His work is outstanding and it was worth it for me to hop on a plane and have him perform my procedures. You may want to consider calling his Miami office to find out when he will be in the area. (305) 666-1774

Regards,

personsm

helpadude,

Welcome to our community.

A few of our coalition physicians who perform state of the art ultra refined follicular unit grafting are located in CA.

I recommending consulting with:

Dr. Rassman

Dr. Reed

We also have a few recommended physicians worth considering as well such as:

Dr. Siporin

Dr. Meshkin

Dr. Kabaker

I hope this helps.

Bill

I used Dr. Reed and think he did a great job. He's in LaJolla. I'm at about 5 mos. and have had significant hair growth. Will post a new Web Blog photo shortly.

Im also in Southern California and to be honest it seems strange to me that after all of my research not only are most of the top docs outside of SC, but their in CANADA!?!? We ARE the mecca for plastic surgery! What the fuck? I think Hasson and Wong have some of the most spectacular results, but I must admit I innitially thought it was so strange that I live in Southern California and I would go (not only outside of the state) but outside of the country for surgery. All in all, I will go wherever I believe I can get the best results...still thought it was strange though.

Helpadude,

Spend the $300 or so on an airline ticket & head to Vancouver. You know from this website that Hasson & Wong is one of the world's finest. My take is your looking at $16K-$20K so spent the the money to go to where your success has a greater chance. Your a Norwood 6 so keep you expectations reasonable. You my not have enough donor hair to get great coverage. Good Luck.

Just bear in mind that many posters here are reimbursed for recommending particular surgeons.

Also, I'm pretty sure that this site charges doctors a monthly fee to be represented. Consequently, you get a wealth of promotion from a contingent of employees.

There are several top hair transplant doctors in Southern California, if you do your research. I'm just not convinced that Hasson, Wong, et al. have the corner on artistic hair transplantation. They are willing to pay for web site exposure, which doubles their outreach capabilities.

bb

Originally posted by beachair:

Just bear in mind that many posters here are reimbursed for recommending particular surgeons.

Also, I'm pretty sure that this site charges doctors a monthly fee to be represented. Consequently, you get a wealth of promotion from a contingent of employees.

There are several top hair transplant doctors in Southern California, if you do your research. I'm just not convinced that Hasson, Wong, et al. have the corner on artistic hair transplantation. They are willing to pay for web site exposure, which doubles their outreach capabilities.

bb

Beachhair--perhaps you could give us a list of SoCal Docs?

Unbaised of course.

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• 4 weeks later...

I had 2000 Fu done with Dr. Meshkin in June of this year and I recommend him highly. He is very experienced and his price is half of the other doctors on this network you may want to check him out. I don't know what these people are thinking when they say to pay 16000 and flyup to some other country to have this done . they are out of their mind. htere is plently of real good doctors in s. Cal and you dont need to fly up to anywhere. try dr. Mesh he is very good.

This may be a dead discussion but I used Dr. Reed back in May and I've been really pleased. 2500 grafts and still growing. Price was 1/3rd of what I've heard discussed here and no airline ticket necessary. I also had consulted with Rassman who was impressive although much more expensive.

Say away from the "hair mills" ie bosley mhr etc... its all a gamble on what kind of doc you get there. You have a lot of homework ahead of you stick to this site and study, it truly has a lot of answers...

You only live once...

Thanks to all of the folks who have replied. Your words have been encouraging and insightful. I feel headed(no pun intended) down the right path with your help.

By the way, does anyone have a comment on

FUE(follicular unit extraction) and FIT(follicular isolation technique?

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

helpadude,

FIT or FUE refer to the means by which grafts are extracted from the donor area. Instead of via the excision of a strip of donor tissue as with FUSS, they are extracted one by one using a punch of 0.7mm to 0.9mm.

The benefits of FIT/FUE is that it is less invasive than FUSS (strip) and the resultant scarring in the donor will be less visible to the eye. This allows for buzzing the hair down to a shorter length.

Some other considerations are that FIT/FUE is usually 3 times the cost of strip and is currently recommended for patients needing fewer grafts. There is also some debate about whether it yields the same as strip, however, I think with the best FUE docs yield should be very close.

Do a search for some of Bills posts as I remember him posting a detailed explaination of FIT/FUE v FUSS.

Also, if you post some pics it would help people give a better opinion on your situ.

"Plan for the worst & hope for the best"