For Spex

Hi spex, we corresponded a while back, i am not sure if you remember. i have a consultation scheduled with Dr. Feller next month. i am sure i will ask him the same question that i am asking you. If you have diffused thinning on top, along with male pattern baldness, and they have to shave my recepient area for surgery, how long do you think it would take for me to get back to normal, meaning long enough hair to be able to hide it with toppik or dermatch, so that "absolutely" no one will know i had HT.

Thanks

Hi spex, we corresponded a while back, i am not sure if you remember. i have a consultation scheduled with Dr. Feller next month. i am sure i will ask him the same question that i am asking you. If you have diffused thinning on top, along with male pattern baldness, and they have to shave my recepient area for surgery, how long do you think it would take for me to get back to normal, meaning long enough hair to be able to hide it with toppik or dermatch, so that "absolutely" no one will know i had HT.

Thanks

Hi

I don't think Feller shaves the recepiant area. As far as time... I would think a month but I'm certainly not an expert on the speed of shaved heads..

good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Paris,

I was back to work in two weeks after a 3000 count procedure. I was able to cover the scar with some Dermatch and prothik and sometimes I used Toppik. I just left the top alone b/c it looked like I had a buzzcut specially giving the hair two weeks to grow. By the time the newly transplanted hair fell out my exisiting hair had already grown to a decent length to where I could start to use cover up on top. If you really have two months you have nothing to worry about. And yes Dr. Feller shaves the recipient area. I tried to get him to not shave mine but he did not budge! lol Good luck..

Wow Bill

Did not realize Feller shaved the recipiant area? I know H & W does

Thanks

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by paris_caine:

Thanks Spex,. i might take you up on that.

John_in_NC, what did you mean, bit balder. do you mean balder than before i had HT, meaning less hair than i started with?

You might experience some shockloss, depending on how much existing hair and in what condition it is.