2 1/2 month Avodart update

Everyone,

I am now at 2 1/2 months on Avodart and am really unsatisfied at this point. I'v read alot of people on other forums that are experiencing the same things as I am. I'll give you the recap. First few weeks are great! No sheds and hair seems much thicker. Then sheds hit. They have been said to last as long as three months due to the HUGE shock to the hormonal system Avodart has. My workout regimin is awesome! I am gaining muscle so fast it's like I'm on steroids. I had my testosteron levels checked and it's up 20% than from before Avodart. My facial hair grows very slowly, but more coarse and my chest hair is either falling out or simple disappearing. I have basically 30% less hair on my chest. Now the sad part, my front hairline is really bad. Most people that have started on Avodart say they experienced this really bad deterioration of the frontal hairline. I mean it is bad! I easily went from a NW2 to a NW3 since starting and the "island" hair in the middle is extremelt thin too. This is basically due to the shock loss as I call it. I think it's similar to the shock loss of a HT, but all over your head. Although the results are unsatisfying right now, I'm going to stick it out to a year and then re-evaluate. I've read from others on forums that have made it to the 10 month mark and are now praising the hell out of it calling it a miracle drug. They say that everything looks up after month 7. Anyone wanting to try Avodart better be aware of the possible short term worsening of the hairline prior to any positives. It is an extremely powerful drug, much more than I had expected. I'm hoping for the best right now.

Everyone,

I am now at 2 1/2 months on Avodart and am really unsatisfied at this point. I'v read alot of people on other forums that are experiencing the same things as I am. I'll give you the recap. First few weeks are great! No sheds and hair seems much thicker. Then sheds hit. They have been said to last as long as three months due to the HUGE shock to the hormonal system Avodart has. My workout regimin is awesome! I am gaining muscle so fast it's like I'm on steroids. I had my testosteron levels checked and it's up 20% than from before Avodart. My facial hair grows very slowly, but more coarse and my chest hair is either falling out or simple disappearing. I have basically 30% less hair on my chest. Now the sad part, my front hairline is really bad. Most people that have started on Avodart say they experienced this really bad deterioration of the frontal hairline. I mean it is bad! I easily went from a NW2 to a NW3 since starting and the "island" hair in the middle is extremelt thin too. This is basically due to the shock loss as I call it. I think it's similar to the shock loss of a HT, but all over your head. Although the results are unsatisfying right now, I'm going to stick it out to a year and then re-evaluate. I've read from others on forums that have made it to the 10 month mark and are now praising the hell out of it calling it a miracle drug. They say that everything looks up after month 7. Anyone wanting to try Avodart better be aware of the possible short term worsening of the hairline prior to any positives. It is an extremely powerful drug, much more than I had expected. I'm hoping for the best right now.

I really don't see the need to say that to me. I'm simply updating everyone and giving some feedback so they have more information and know what to expect in case they want to try Avodart. It seems that many on other forums that is on the 10 month or later mark are really seeing great results and no they didn't suddenly grow boobs and a vagina in the process. icon_razz.gif

Justin

I'm assuming Sharp was just joking and I know it must be nerveracking using Avodart at this point. I read your posts each time you put one up and I appreciate you taking your time to keep us updated. Please don't stop.

Dart

I'm just kidding about acting upset. I can take a joke just like anyone else. I'll definitely keep everyone updated on a month by month basis. I did have my girlfriend looking the other day and she said that I've got thin white hairs all over my scalp that are about a cm long. If they go terminal, I'm looking at a real thickening experience. I'll keep ou all updated.

Well good luck. Didnt mean any disrespect.

The only thing is, if the drug acts like steroids for your workouts, it IS doing some serious stuff to your body besides regrow hair. I wouldnt take steroids either due to unnknown long term side effects.

If the avodart really works and has no negative side effects, then maybe it is the fountain of youth drug for men. I am highly sceptical though. Look at all the unhealthy products on the market and the FDA decides NOT to approve this for hairloss, makes you wonder why.

I was joking but there is some seriousness to it. You are playing russian roulette with your body. Probably wont kill you in the short term, but who knows what taking it for 5 years will do.

justin:

Keep up the great updates. I responded to this thread elsewhere on this site, so I won't repeat that here.

I don't remember: Did you ever use Propecia?

Like I said previously, Avodart is really a "stronger form" of Propecia. That's a generalization that I believe is generally true. And since Propecia worked so well for me with no side effects, I'm a little hopeful for Avodart.

I guess we'll see at some point.

Where have you been reading about Avodart experiences? dutasteride.com?

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

-- If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

-- The truth only matters if you know about it.

I was really concerned about the shedding earlier. My hair was thinning all over so fast it was rediculous. I got really scared and called my doctor and he said that we experience shedding partly because the hairs are put on the same cycle and also because it is such a shock to the system making that large of a hormonal change. He said it's very similar to shock loss in a HT and that the hair will grow back. I was on Propecia for quite some time, never experienced massive shed, and had good results, but I wanted to give Avodart a shot. In the short term, it is really frustrating, but in the long term (10-12 month) many seem to be having great results. I have been reading all of the responses from hairsite.com. Normally I wouldn't have posted that here, but since it's for informational purposes, I did. My doctor said if I'm still shedding after month 4, he will advise me to quit Avodart and go back to Propecia, so I'll definitely keep you guys updated. It seems like the sheds have substantially subsided. I only notice like a few hairs in the tub after showering, unlike it being lined with hair before.