Crown 1126 grafts

charlieb

Charlie--I'm not so sure you should have had a HT in the first place, but PM Spex and Dr. Feller and they will help you out.

I would concentrate on your frontal 100-120cm and wait to see Dr. Feller in person before getting answers to your scarring, etc...

Your hair will not be patchy, but you will have good coverage IMO with 3000-3500 grafts + Meds.

Good Luck and I am very glad to see you looking into other options

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys,

Ive read alot off the posts here and seen the amount off grafts you guys have recieved and it seems that the way USA doctors count one graft is by counting one follicle , be it 1 , 2 or 3 hairs.

I recieved 2000 follicles which were made into 1126 grafts through the use of doubling up , so would it be the same as saying I recieved 2000 grafts if I was counting it the way you guys do?

charlie, as you stated, a graft is made up of groupings of follicles (1s, 2s, and 3s). i recieved 3200 grafts. i do not have an exact breakdown of this but it might be something like this:

800 singles

1700 doubles

700 triples

hope this info helps

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I thought long about what you guys said about going to the USA for my next procedure and frankly I would love too but decided to get the 600 free grafts, please take a look at the results.

I ended up with 663 grafts that day which is 1000 follicles, so all in all I have recieved 2000 follicles on the first op and now the additional 1000 follicles.

I am quietly confident that i will get a good result when all heals, I am at the 8 mth for my first op in 6 days so hopefully the first one hasnt completely spouted yet and with these additionals it might be enough.

The scar the doctor made is very clean and i think i have enough donor hair if my hairline ever need works.

Guest josh - b

you are a very optimistic and positive person charlie.

I sincerely wish you the very best with your latest procedure.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

updated 6mths after my additional 663 grafts...i actually dont look as bald now...i can actually let my hair grow without shaving it...it still is a little thin but im happy about the results..what do you guys think of the final results ? i guess at 6 mths since the 2nd op and 14 mths since the first op this is pretty much the density i will get...

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

This an intresting forum to read and I know I'm a little late. I really fully understand alot from this and charlieb, I do wish you the best of luck. I know its hard when it comes to money and being thin on top sucks, but I also understand alot of people's concerns and I am glad to have them on the same boat with me. I know it's hard to pass up on free grafts. I just thought that after seeing "hairthere" sent you his link to his pictures to his amazing status would change your mind. My crown looks like yours and I would have just shaved it to #3 clip. I have it shaved now and it still looks fine, but of course I want hair just to say "I have hair". What I am trying to say is be patient and use this forum cause its here to help us. We are all on the same boat trying to reach our destiny. GOOD LUCK icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by charlieb:

updated 6mths after my additional 663 grafts...i actually dont look as bald now...i can actually let my hair grow without shaving it...it still is a little thin but im happy about the results..what do you guys think of the final results ? i guess at 6 mths since the 2nd op and 14 mths since the first op this is pretty much the density i will get...

• 3 months later...

Hi guys, I just joined and glad I did.

I recently started thinking about a HT and was in contact with Dr Martinick, had serious reservations when she quoted $13000 for only 1500 grafts. I shat a hairball.

I am in Australia and will now look at traveling to Thailand to visit Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich.

Shortly will post some pics and would love this community to comment and make some suggestions to my best options.

Looking forward to being a part of this community.

Peace all.