Hair restoration 3 months later

Luminal

Hello,

About 3 months ago I had a rather small hair transplant on the frontal part of my hair where my hair was thinning pretty badly. The doctor told me that I would not really see results until 5 months later. All the scabs are gone now, I was told that some of the hairs that were implanted would stay and that others would fall and a new one would spring from where the old one fell.

My concern now is that some areas of my scalp have become itchy and irritated. There are some tiny little bumps that hurt when I touch them. Someone suggested they might be hairs trying to break through the skin towards the surface.

Has anybody ever experienced something like this? Should I go see my doctor immediately?

Thanks in advance,

Luminal

Probably Normal

These are probably ingrown hairs growing in but you may want to call your doc. Who was your doc?

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Luminal,

Your scabs should have been gone between 10-14 days if you were following typical post op instructions on removing the scabs. The majority of the transplanted hairs typically shed before they start to regrow. New growth typically starts between 3-5 months. In grown hairs are very common around the 3 month mark. (I think I covered everything icon_wink.gif)

IN other words...what you are describing sounds perfectly normal...but if you'd like to post some pictures of your situation, we could probably give you a better idea.

Hope this helps.

Bill

Hey Luminal,

Sounds like you are describing MY scalp! I am at 2 and a half months, and I have numbness in the center of the transplant area as well as itching and some bumps. I am also seeing my first new hairs! Most frustrating is wanting to scratch, of when my scalp feels irritable and I can't do anything about it but tough it out. My doctor and the good folks here advise hanging in there. When in doubt, do call the doc. You paid for it...

Best of luck!

Ringo

Hi all

Numbness can linger for a while. At 2 months you probably have some hairs popping through which is causing the itching or redness. Sounds fairly normal .. 2 months is not a long time so it will take about 4-6 months before you feel totally normal

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Thank you guys for your quick and comprehensive answers. I feel much relieved. I contacted my Dr. and asked him anyway. I will try to get some pictures soon.

This forum is truly a blessing. I started reading it about a year ago, and without it I would be totally lost.

Thanks,

Luminal

Cheers

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I am a bit itchy myself at 1 month post op

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!