How long before crown area regrows?

Hi,

I'm eight months post-op with my second transplant with Dr. Keene. My frontal and mid-scalp zones look great but unfortunately the crown is still looking a little sparse. How long typically does it take for the crown area to resume its growth following surgery?

Thanks

'06/2500 w/Dr. Keene

'07/1500 w/Dr. Keene

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hi,

I'm eight months post-op with my second transplant with Dr. Keene. My frontal and mid-scalp zones look great but unfortunately the crown is still looking a little sparse. How long typically does it take for the crown area to resume its growth following surgery?

Thanks

'06/2500 w/Dr. Keene

'07/1500 w/Dr. Keene

My Hair Loss Weblog

Midiman,

Your hair transplant blog shows pictures from your first surgery, but I can't find any from your second. I encourage you to add your second hair transplant experience and photos to your blog.

The consensus seems to be that transplanted hair sometimes grows slower in the crown.

Have you expressed your concern to Dr. Keene? In my opinion, give the surgery the full year befoer makiing a final evaluation.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill,

Yes I haven't kept up with it. I'll try to add some over the weekend. I emailed Dr. Keene. I'm not overly concerned about this, which is good because I think I stressed a little too much after the first procedure. However, if there's a typical timeline for crown regrowth that occurs, I'd be interested in knowing about it and why.

'06/2500 w/Dr. Keene

'07/1500 w/Dr. Keene

My Hair Loss Weblog

midi,

from what i recall, the crown often lags behind the front because blood circulation to that area is slower to occur. every crown job, my own included, that i've seen on these forums has taken longer, so don't worry yourself...

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com