proscar...everyday?

I have been taking 1/4 proscar everyday for the past 3 years... I have read some post here of people taking it every other day, is this as affective? I hate taking medication (I don't even use Tylenol) and if I could cut this back without adverse affects that would be great... However my main concern is hairloss..

I have been taking 1/4 proscar everyday for the past 3 years... I have read some post here of people taking it every other day, is this as affective? I hate taking medication (I don't even use Tylenol) and if I could cut this back without adverse affects that would be great... However my main concern is hairloss..

creeping,

There has been some discussion about this on other threads and some feel (including some docs) that taking 1/4 pill every other day is just as effective...HOWEVER, IMO...it's it isn't broken, don't fix it. If you were new to the drug, I might consider it...but taking 1mg per day and then going backwards seems like bad philosophy. Why risk it IMO? Though I admit, I much rather take it every other day not because of cost but because I'd rather have less of a drug in my system if possible. Hope that helps.

Bill

Though I take it every other day with success, I'm with Bill on this. If it's working for you, I'd be hesitant to change the regimen.

I started taking Finasteride EOD and it's working so the only way I'd up the dosage to daily is if I quit seeing the results.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.