Pre & Post HT Patient:Sahil , Doctor : Dr Rajesh Rajput Mumbai

Sahil,

Welcome to the forum,

I do not know what to say about the work and do not want to offend you. Maybe it is the photos which I could not enlarge but it looks like you got larger style grafts which is outdated technology. Can you give some details as to the number of grafts you got and the amount of hairs per graft?

NoBuzz

Sahil,

Thanks for your PM and now I finally had a chance to come view your pictures that you posted.

Firstly, could you tell us how many grafts/hairs you received?

I agree with Nobuzz that the pictures are a little unclear. If you can post higher resolution pictures, that would be helpful.

Since the pictures are unclear, I can't tell whether or not you received mini-grafts (an older technology) or if those dots I'm seeing are scabs.

The one thing that is evident from the picture is the grafts are placed relatively far apart. You will definately notice a difference in appearance when the grafts grow, however, density will be lacking due to the grafts being spaced too far apart.

The best thing you can do now is wait it out for a year and see how the grafts grow. I do encourage you, that if you decide to go for a second hair transplant, to fly to see a doctor using the latest techniques and technology in order to get an optimal result.

Additionally, you may want to consider finasteride (if you aren't already) to minimize the risk of losing more native hair.

Please keep us posted my friend and I wish you much success.

Bill

I agree with Bill - the grafts are placed too far apart. The technique used is not up to the latest technology.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Hey, Sahil,

I saw that Dr. Rajput is advertising heavily on Google. From what I have seen of the coalition doctor's pictures, you do not have 2400 grafts.

Have you contacted Dr. Rajput? What does he have to say? Was it 2400 grafts or hair?

2400 hair should be like 1000 - 1100 grafts. That may explain the thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Friends,

Sorry for not replying, I was out of Town.

I am really upset with the way Dr.Rajesh Rajput has done HT. He promised me that he would transplant 2400 Grafts. When I contacted him and asked him how to find out the number of grafts transplanted by him, he blindly said "I am one of the Best doctor in Asia, Trust your Doctor".

I spent Rs 120000 (For 2400 grafts) , This was my hard earned money, wanted to cover the bald patch so that I can get married.

Initially he use to say you dont need a HT , I can grow your hair with my medicens.

I am totally lost , I wasted my money , now there is a huge scar on my head.

I feel,I was better without a HT .

Regards

Sahil

Originally posted by Jolly:

Hey, Sahil,

I saw that Dr. Rajput is advertising heavily on Google. From what I have seen of the coalition doctor's pictures, you do not have 2400 grafts.

Have you contacted Dr. Rajput? What does he have to say? Was it 2400 grafts or hair?

2400 hair should be like 1000 - 1100 grafts. That may explain the thing.

Sahil,

First and formost... This is not your fault!

Is it still leagal in India to shoot someone below the waistband?

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.

I don't work for commision.. I bust e'm for free. Thank me later.

• 3 weeks later...

Sahil,

Any replies from Dr. Rajput?! Why not show him your pictures and point out that these are not 2400 grafts. Tell him the consumer forum in Mumbai will be your next destination if he does not behave more professionally and give you a better reply.Its bad enough that he did a poor ht.

Its downright unjust when he tells you to shut up because he is the best doc in Asia. Best doc my foot. He needs a kick in his butt and his license cancelled.

Sahil,

Don't sweat things yet. Please give it some time to see what the results are going to be. The techniques used might not be the most up to date, but I have seen many cases what initially looked like they were going to be bad and they turned out ok. Hang in there and see what happens. You still do have some native hair and even if the results are not the best it might give you a couple of years to save some more money and go to a much better surgeon.

I personally believe that you will look fine for your wedding as there is little contrast between your hair and scalp. No sense worrying as you need to wait and see what will happen. As Bill had stated, do what you can to minimize further native hairloss. Best of luck to you buddy.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

• 1 month later...

Dr/Mr. Rajput,

If you still have a sense of fair play, I think you should answer on this thread. If you think that your not replying will ensure that these threads will fade away into oblivion, let me disillusion you. You have been so unfair, I will make it a point to bring these up again and again, till you answer them satisfactorily or you apologize for your mistakes. Trust me.

Jolly,

We should not hold our breath waiting for this quack to respond, guys like this never admit mistakes and I really do not think it was a "mistake" but his intentionally misleading this patient. I admire your passion to expose this. Power to the Patients!

NoBuzz

Do you know this Dr. Rajput is going to give a lecture on FUT before the Indian association of Plastic surgeons?

I just came to know.

I think they should know what kind of doc this one is!

• 4 weeks later...

Do you know this Dr. Rajput is going to give a lecture on FUT before the Indian association of Plastic surgeons?

I just came to know.

Hi Folks,

I too had visted Dr Rajesh Rajput when I had gone back home in Jan 2007.

I have posted some details with a couple of pics..no hair transplant done yet, currently am on medication and am thinking whether to do hair transplant or not...dr Rajesh's site speaks of the rate and are pretty good compared to the US rates, one of the reasons the rates are lower is cause everything is generally cheaper in India compared to the US. Not sure how good or bad a doc he is. As Sahil mentioned Rs. 1,20,000/- is around US$3000/- . I am not an expert and just hope that Sahil's transplant works fine for him.

I was thinking that I should get my HT done by Dr Rajesh but now am not sure -icon_frown.gif...

Am thinking if I should visit Dr Hassan in Vancouver,,,but I am sure that will be atleast 8 to 10,000 USD $. Not sure if I can afford that much.

All members of the forum,

this patient will get a hair growth and has definetly received 2400 grfts. one case should not make you pass remarks on a doctors sincere work. I have been conducting seminars and workshops all over the country. I am one of the first surgeons to pioneer hair transplants in India. I am presenting my work at the association of Plastic surgeons for the past 6-7 yeras before they invited me this year for a guest lecture. Reconsider your thought about me and my work. Just because I am unaware of following and replying on your forum, you members seem to be taking liberties to puor out the worst, unnecessarily.

I just came to know.

Dr. Rajesh Rajput,

I truly want to see all hair transplant physicians and patients represented in a fair manner.

But from the above pictures it is clear that the grafts are spaced very far apart and clearly not what we call

ultra refined follicular unit grafting.

I agree, however, that the final evaluation of the transplant should be 12 months after - rather than at this point.

Please respond to the following post by Pat, the Publisher of our community.

-------------------

Dr. Rajesh Rajput,

In addition to your patient care issues, I see that you have illegally copied the hair loss animations from our web community and removed all references and links to this community.

This is clear violation of US copyright law. What kind of ethics do you have or not have to blatantly copy graphics and animations from our website and then strip out the references to this community?

We offer free animations to others on the condition that the links to this community remain intact. You have intentionally removed these links and references and you are now in violation of copyright law.

If this situation is not remedied I will take action.

Patrick Hennessey, Publisher of this site.

--------------------------------

Cheers,

Bill

Dear Member.

this animation was offered to me by a friend as a cut and paste, free download. The moment you brought it to my notice, I have removed it from my site and apologised on the site.

Originally posted by Bill:

Dr. Rajesh Rajput,

I truly want to see all hair transplant physicians and patients represented in a fair manner.

But from the above pictures it is clear that the grafts are spaced very far apart and clearly not what we call

ultra refined follicular unit grafting.

I agree, however, that the final evaluation of the transplant should be 12 months after - rather than at this point.

Please respond to the following post by Pat, the Publisher of our community.

-------------------

Dr. Rajesh Rajput,

In addition to your patient care issues, I see that you have illegally copied the hair loss animations from our web community and removed all references and links to this community.

This is clear violation of US copyright law. What kind of ethics do you have or not have to blatantly copy graphics and animations from our website and then strip out the references to this community?

We offer free animations to others on the condition that the links to this community remain intact. You have intentionally removed these links and references and you are now in violation of copyright law.

If this situation is not remedied I will take action.

Patrick Hennessey, Publisher of this site.

--------------------------------

Cheers,

Bill

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 8 months later...

Dear Sahil,

im also planning for HT n have also visited couple of doc n i was about to visit Dr.Rajput, as suggested by my friend, but thx i did not visit him n im vry vry glad to b part of this blog coz here i got to know many things especially post-HT problmes that could happen. Im Very Very Sorry for u dear, coz u didnt get desired result n clearly u have been cheated on my DR.RAJPUT for not delievering what has been told to u. I felt very bad knowing that it took u more than a year to Arrange for money n part of that u took as a loan, i can understand how u r feeling dude. U PLEASE GO TO CONSUMER COURT, n im very sure u'll get justice if u are right.

THX MAN

Edited by manav
spelling misstake