good surgeon recommendations

I'm having a procedure (~1000 grafts) done with Dr. Siporin on Aug. 9th.

Even though I never experienced problems w/ Bosley and Sword, I decided to step and see what a highly recommended hair doc. can do.

I fell into the 1980s pit fall of smoke and mirrors, and I'm VERY glad that I found this web site as a resource. That doesn't guarantee results, but I feel much more confident this last time through.

Rock on!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Jotronic:

Chibbler,

Thank you for considering Dr. Hasson. While the shaving requirement is a necessary one for our procedure it does not mean that the requirement is across the board. It depends on the amount of hair that you have now in the intended recipient area. If you would still like to consider Dr. Hasson then I recommend you send your photos and information in via our online consultation form.

Hasson & Wong Online Consultation Form

At the very least, you will have some of your questions answered and your case just might be one where the shaving is not an absolute.

If you have any questions just let me know.

Jotronic,

so how long before new growth starts and how long would i need to keep head shaved?..sounds horrible, if it's for a year...i have mostly thinning in frontal area..so if i let hair grow..it would buldge out on sides and back and i'd look like bozo..my hair is relatively thick except the damn front and a bit on top is thinning..i wanna do a HT as soon as possible

thanx for any info

shmutzydawg

Shmutzy,

You shave your head for the procedure - that's it. Then you can start to grow it back right away!

Of course, all transplanted hair will fall out between 2-4 weeks on average and then start to grow back between 3-5 months.

But there will certainly be a time where you will look funny.

You can either choose to look like Bozo the clown for a few months, or if you are like me, you shave your WHOLE head and then reveal your scar. Either way, it's only temporary.

Bill